Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to stop Dish Network DVR from turning itself off?

Post Thanks / Like
    The daily reboot cannot be turned off. You can keep changing the time of reboot but after a day or two the recorder (722 for me) will get flakey and either reboot or mess up or both. The Inactivity timer can safely be disabled. Having a non-transferring EHD connected can delay the reboot by 15 to 45 minutes doing who knows what. You take your chances with a reboot during a copy. During reboot the DVR is "shut down" and immediately restarted, eventually coming back to the channel it was on with a new copy of the guide--usually. All IMHO.
    -Ken

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dwarren2 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dwarren2 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dwarren2 did! Be COOL like dwarren2 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the TV remote's signal is the problem. The command to switch the input is seen by the 722k as a signal to go into stanedby. Try covering up the 722's sensor window and see what happens. Or if your x-box has an hdmi output, connect to the tv via that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by booyadan16 View Post
    I have a Dish Network VIP722k HD receiver that I have running 2 tv's in my house. It is connected to my primary tv via hdmi cable. My problem is that I also have an xbox connected to that tv and whenever I change the input from "HDMI1" to "Component1" to use the xbox the Dish Receiver goes into standby and the person watching tv in the other room cant watch anymore. Does anyone know if there's a way to change some settings and make the receiver stay on even though its input is not selected on the primary tv? Thanks
    The 722k has to be in Dual Mode is it?.Sorry had to ask,then is the Shared View Disabled?.Menu 6-2.If all that is set correctly then your 722k is not working as it should try a reset(press the red reset button inside the right door.Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KKlare View Post
    The daily reboot cannot be turned off. You can keep changing the time of reboot but after a day or two the recorder (722 for me) will get flakey and either reboot or mess up or both. The Inactivity timer can safely be disabled. Having a non-transferring EHD connected can delay the reboot by 15 to 45 minutes doing who knows what. You take your chances with a reboot during a copy. During reboot the DVR is "shut down" and immediately restarted, eventually coming back to the channel it was on with a new copy of the guide--usually. All IMHO.
    -Ken
    Daily reboot is at 3 a.m. so I dont think thats the problem

Quote Originally Posted by dwarren2 View Post
    Sounds like the TV remote's signal is the problem. The command to switch the input is seen by the 722k as a signal to go into stanedby. Try covering up the 722's sensor window and see what happens. Or if your x-box has an hdmi output, connect to the tv via that.
    I have 3 different remotes that I use to switch the TV input (the TV remote, the dish receiver remote, and an xbox mutimedia remote), i usually just grab whichever one is closest. I'm trying different remotes to see if it's a certain one that causes the DVR to go into standby but now I'm having a hard time replicating the problem... Of course when I want it to do it it doesnt do it... I dont have an HDMI for the xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon69 View Post
    The 722k has to be in Dual Mode is it?.Sorry had to ask,then is the Shared View Disabled?.Menu 6-2.If all that is set correctly then your 722k is not working as it should try a reset(press the red reset button inside the right door.Good Luck!
    Yes, its in dual mode and shared view is disabled. I reset it anyways though, we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattG@ DISH NETWORK View Post
    What brand of TV do you have?

I'm wondering if the TV has some sort of "HDMI control" (different brands call it different names, ie Samsung calls it Anynet).
    I've seen posts about this in the past. Check your TV settings.
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have this problem but for a different reason.

the inactivity setting is 100% USELESS the boxes (4 of them in 2 locations) FLAT OUT IGNORE this setting and go into standby anyway. My problem is the TIVO. if the tivo does not send a command to the box inside 3-4 hours it goes into standby and the the box STOPS responding to any commands except "power or select"

Dish is unable or unwilling to fix this problem. I have standby set to "disabled" and it flat out ignores it. 4 boxes 2 locations they have already replaced 1 box once same thing. IGNORES the setting.

is their anyway to program the tivo to send this "select" command first and wait a bit before sending its channel change request (say 10 seconds ??)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast