Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I watch my DVR and EHD recordings after I cancel service?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! DVDDAD did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, DVDDAD did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, DVDDAD did! Be COOL like DVDDAD and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I watch my DVR and EHD recordings after I cancel service?

I searched and saw a few discussions on this, but none answered all my questions. I'm switching to DirecTV tomorrow because Dish removed SNY, but I want to still access recordings on my EHD's. Can I do this? Do I need to keep the DVR connected to the satellite's or is it better to disconnect from satellites before I cancel my service? Will this work on my 622 and 922? If it works on my 922, will the program logo's continue to show up? If I do not return a leased 922, what am I charged? Thanks for answering.

Best regards, Adam Okula
    http://www.AOKagency.com

Canceled Dish & joined DirecTV on 5/4/2011 (Due to SNY takedown). Four HR24's w/Whole Home DVR. Past Dish equipment:

ViP922 lessor from 04/08/2010 to 05/11/2011 **** ViP612 owner from 02/24/2010 to 05/11/2011
    ViP722 lessor from 12/16/2007 to 05/11/2011 **** ViP622 owner from 02/14/2006 to 05/11/2011
    942 owner from 04/30/2005 to 12/16/2007 ******** 921 owner from 01/20/2004 to 04/30/2005

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

MattG@ DISH NETWORK is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to see that you're leaving us

EHD's will not work once a receiver is deactivated (account shut off), but you can still play recordings that are in the DVR once the account is disconnected.

If you do not return leased equipment (you have 30 days last I checked), you are charged the MSRP of the equipment until it's returned, and the 922 is $649.
    Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
    DISH Internet Response Team
    Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 11am-10pm MST. Off: Tues/Fri/Sat

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! DVDDAD did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, DVDDAD did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, DVDDAD did! Be COOL like DVDDAD and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Matt. You really are speedy. I really hate to leave, but I've gotta have my Mets! I started when Dish came out with the DishPlayer 7100, have always been happy and apprectiate you DIRT guys being here, although they should have a better accronym for you. How's G.O.L.D.E.N. [Guys On Line Devoted to Enhancing DishNetwork]? All right, I guess DIRT works. What if I paused my service, would my EHD's work for the time that service is paused?
    Best regards, Adam Okula
    http://www.AOKagency.com

Canceled Dish & joined DirecTV on 5/4/2011 (Due to SNY takedown). Four HR24's w/Whole Home DVR. Past Dish equipment:

ViP922 lessor from 04/08/2010 to 05/11/2011 **** ViP612 owner from 02/24/2010 to 05/11/2011
    ViP722 lessor from 12/16/2007 to 05/11/2011 **** ViP622 owner from 02/14/2006 to 05/11/2011
    942 owner from 04/30/2005 to 12/16/2007 ******** 921 owner from 01/20/2004 to 04/30/2005

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDDAD View Post
    Thanks, Matt. You really are speedy. I really hate to leave, but I've gotta have my Mets! I started when Dish came out with the DishPlayer 7100, have always been happy and apprectiate you DIRT guys being here, although they should have a better accronym for you. How's G.O.L.D.E.N. [Guys On Line Devoted to Enhancing DishNetwork]? All right, I guess DIRT works. What if I paused my service, would my EHD's work for the time that service is paused?
    We actually like the DIRT acronym (the other option was DISH Answers to match our FB page, which I find boring )

As far as the EHD goes, I honestly don't know if it will work with paused services. I know that the DVR fee on the account is what enables the EHD feature, but it's not on the account when it's paused. I would say it's a 50/50 shot, but I'm sure someone will come along and answer the question

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! daveh505@comcast.net did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, daveh505@comcast.net did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, daveh505@comcast.net did! Be COOL like daveh505@comcast.net and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MattG@ DISH NETWORK;2526798]Sorry to see that you're leaving us

EHD's will not work once a receiver is deactivated (account shut off), but you can still play recordings that are in the DVR once the account is disconnected.

Once the account is terminated and the menu & guide go away, how can you play the recordings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveh505@comcast.net View Post
    Once the account is terminated and the menu & guide go away, how can you play the recordings?
    The menus still work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast