Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When getting a debit card (and a checking account) does it matter what bank you use?

Post Thanks / Like

When getting a debit card (and a checking account) does it matter what bank you use?

I'm opening a checking account for use with Direct Deposit with my job. The big banks in my area are Wells Fargo, and U.S Bank. Then you get into the smaller banks. All are FDIC insured, however is there a benefit or drawback to using one bank over another, for example Wells Fargo, or U.S Bank vs. a local, smaller bank?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Geronimo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Geronimo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Geronimo did! Be COOL like Geronimo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some thins to consider:

1. Convenience of locations
    2. ATM fees
    3. Whether they run a credit check for checking accounts
    4. Fees (really should be higher
    5. Interest rate for credit cards (you might want one down the road)
    6. Other loan rates (again you might want one)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Don't get Chase whatever you do.

I was a long time Washington Mutual customer and loved them; best bank I ever had. Since Chase took over our debit card and pin have been accessed by someone else 3 times and our account hacked twice. Never happened with any other bank I am currently with or with Washington Mutual. Also, I was never able to change my pin to my own number every time I got a new card. They had to issue me a new card 6 different times.

Now I am with another large bank for my main checking and although they are not that great, they are much better than Chase

Post Thanks / Like
    I see most banks require a minimum deposit. Does that have to happen immediately when the account is opened?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Washcommander21
    Two years ago I switched from a rinky dink local bank here in town with a grand total of two branches to Bank of America. I've had BofA credit cards for years and love their online banking user interface and wanted to deal with a real bank not some two bit joke of an operation. I have five accounst with BofA, Savings, Checking and three credit cards, I love being able to manage everything on one site and with the Android app I have complete control for my finances whereever I am. I have direct deposit, no fee checking, free overdraft and a bunch of other extras I forgot about. Best of all, 12,000 branches and 18,000 ATMs nationwide

Post Thanks / Like
    And yet, none in Nebraska.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast