Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes Network on Dish Network?!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! JohnL did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, JohnL did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, JohnL did! Be COOL like JohnL and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trido
    So for example on Direct Tv does YES have blackouts?
    Or does every sing Direct subscriber get all the Yankees games for example?

Trido
    Trido,

No, of course not. YES is a "REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORK" this means they only own the rights to broadcast the Yankees games to all MSO subscribers in their DMA.

So if you don't live in an area that is within the Yankees DMA then even if you subscribed to the YES network ala carte ALL YANKEEs games would be blacked out to you. The only package that can get you out of market sports from around the country is to subscribe to the League OOM package like (MLB Extra Innings).

John

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanleee
    They are more worried about the International crowd than the customers that got them where they are today.

Sometimes I feel the same way...But I think this time they are going to come thru for us and get this network or any other network that is being demanded by their US customers...or maybe they will continue to disappoint us?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! NightRyder did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, NightRyder did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, NightRyder did! Be COOL like NightRyder and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fresco
    Sometimes I feel the same way...But I think this time they are going to come thru for us and get this network or any other network that is being demanded by their US customers...or maybe they will continue to disappoint us?
    Must be getting close to spring, the annual YES thread has returned.

In all honesty the vast majority of E* customers could care less about YES, me included. If YES and its greedy owner would submit to being carried ala-cart you would already have it. If anyone wants this channel they should switch to D* or cable. It's pretty obvious that it will never be carried by Dish.

NightRyder
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! - President Merkin Muffley:

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Stanleee did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Stanleee did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Stanleee did! Be COOL like Stanleee and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL
    Trido,

No, of course not. YES is a "REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORK" this means they only own the rights to broadcast the Yankees games to all MSO subscribers in their DMA.

So if you don't live in an area that is within the Yankees DMA then even if you subscribed to the YES network ala carte ALL YANKEEs games would be blacked out to you. The only package that can get you out of market sports from around the country is to subscribe to the League OOM package like (MLB Extra Innings).

John
    John, I heard that even the games from MLB extra innings can be blacked out. Thats a rumour I heard but I don't know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just say NO to YES.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! JohnL did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, JohnL did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, JohnL did! Be COOL like JohnL and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanleee
    John, I heard that even the games from MLB extra innings can be blacked out. Thats a rumour I heard but I don't know for sure.
    Stanleee,

Yes, Extra Innings games can be blacked out, but only for IN Market Subs, meaning if the game is airing on the local RSN or local affliate that has local sports rights then YES the game will be blacked out on the Extra Innings channel.

This is really bad for Dish Network Yankees fans as Dish doesn't have "YES" so all Yankee's games are blacked out on the Extra Innings for Dish subs in the Yankees DMA. Since "YES" is not on Dish then all IN Market Dish subs will NOT get any Yankees games, unless they are national games like on ESPN.

I could careless as I don't like Baseball, even if I did I'd only watch a Yankees game to route for the other team. Now Hockey is a different story, today was a very black day for me.

John

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast