Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this Triplexer for?

Post Thanks / Like

What is this Triplexer for?

What is this Triplexer for? The installer left it in the 722 empty box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY1007.JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	66137

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gokartergo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gokartergo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gokartergo did! Be COOL like gokartergo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is used for "backfeeding" signal for tv2 If your rec is just hooked up to 1 tv our tv2 is hardwired it is not needed.. Go get a couple bucks for it off of EBAY...LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the purpose of the third output, UHF/VHF?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gokartergo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gokartergo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gokartergo did! Be COOL like gokartergo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is for TV2. You need another diplexer at another point for it to work..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I found this on line which shows all the connections.
    I guess you would use it if you don't have regular access to TV2 from the receiver location.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri4.jpg 
Views:	1052 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	66140

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct. You get a better picture if it is hardwired in.. Rather then using the triplexers and diplexers.. Before that triplexer came out.. We had to put another diplexer there.. It just saved us installers a little bit of time..

If I have some separators in my van. And the triplexer is not needed I usually put in the separator also. It just removes one thing out of the system that can go bad..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast