Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dish Mover program?

Post Thanks / Like

Dish Mover program?

I am moving into a new home and I know that Dish tells you just to leave your dish and they will come out and install a new one. How does this work? I imagine they charge to come re-install the new stuff. I think I heard there is a way to get it for free but I assume you have to sign another 1 year contract which I don't want to do. Does anyone know what the cost would be for install of 2 rooms in a new home?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Stargazer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Stargazer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Stargazer did! Be COOL like Stargazer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the Dish Mover program you leave the stuff where it is now and take your receivers and remotes with you. When you go to your new home you call your local retailer (preferably the one you purchased your system from) to do the move for you. It costs $25.00 unless you are on credit card or checking account autopay. You must also sign a one year contract for AT60+locals. It covers up to six receivers installed as of recently.

I am not sure if this is true or not but I heard that Dish Network is going to start charging for Dish Upgrades (and maybe Dish Movers too) starting next week and it may be $50.00. If someone on the boards knows anything about this then they can correct me or reply to my message. I asked a CSR and he said something about a $50.00 Dish'n It Up promotion starting next week for a 301, 510, 811, or 522 receiver but you cant believe everything that they say.

ke4est is online now Long Live FTA
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    if your not on CC- auto pay or don't sign up for it or if you don't sign another year contract for Top60, then it is $99

ke4est is online now Long Live FTA
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW that $99 is for one receiver, $50 each additional one

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! gasman882001 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, gasman882001 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, gasman882001 did! Be COOL like gasman882001 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ke4est
    if your not on CC- auto pay or don't sign up for it or if you don't sign another year contract for Top60, then it is $99
    Did a Dish Mover to my new house in August 2004. Didn't pay a thing or commit to anything. They told me I did not even have to go the CC auto-pay route. I do not have cc auto pay, still write a check each month. I even went from one receiver to two so they had to do a little extra work. Of course they make an extra $5 a month off of the extra receiver hookup.

I have had top 180 w/locals for about 5 years and have always payed my bill on time so maybe that took into account for something.

I think it comes down to luck of the draw on CSR's when you call in.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Stargazer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Stargazer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Stargazer did! Be COOL like Stargazer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone must not have known what they were doing then if they didnt make you sign a commitment or didnt charge you the $25 fee for no CC autopay. You lucked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast