Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New releases on HBO, Cinemax and Showtime

Post Thanks / Like

New releases on HBO, Cinemax and Showtime

How long does it take for new release movies to get to HBO, Cinemax and/or Showtime?

I just got notice that Netflix is increasing their prices dramatically so I am thinking about cancelling it and just adding a movie channel to my Dish account. I am curious how long after Netflix normally gets a new release until it shows up on Dish. Keep in mind, Netflix already has to wait 28 days after a movie is release to DVD before Netflix will have it. How much longer after this will the movie channels get new movies. Also, which premium has the most new releases. Does HBO get them before Cinemax or Showtime?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! nmfiredawg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, nmfiredawg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, nmfiredawg did! Be COOL like nmfiredawg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of the same thing, or go to Blockbuster for 11.99 since they get them on the day they come out. Will be giving up streaming with Netflix new pricing

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ckhalil18 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ckhalil18 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ckhalil18 did! Be COOL like ckhalil18 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mfoster711 View Post
    How long does it take for new release movies to get to HBO, Cinemax and/or Showtime?

I just got notice that Netflix is increasing their prices dramatically so I am thinking about cancelling it and just adding a movie channel to my Dish account. I am curious how long after Netflix normally gets a new release until it shows up on Dish. Keep in mind, Netflix already has to wait 28 days after a movie is release to DVD before Netflix will have it. How much longer after this will the movie channels get new movies. Also, which premium has the most new releases. Does HBO get them before Cinemax or Showtime?
    Usually take about 9-12 month for a movie to go from the big screen to a premium channel like HBO. Usually HBO gets them about the same time as the others. Now keep in mind that HBO and Cinemax show the same movies because they're from the same company so doing HBO and Max ONLY won't be the best deal. In my opinion, Showtime has become the worst premium for new movies and Starz is just OK/fine. Here's how I would rank the 4 big premiums.
    1. HBO
    2. Starz
    3. Cinemax
    4. Showtime
    I know this is a little more info than what you wanted, but hey, better to know now than to get screwed later, right?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Darrell S did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Darrell S did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Darrell S did! Be COOL like Darrell S and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason Showtime has become the worst for new movies is Epix bought the rights to several studios they had the rights to.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Yespage did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Yespage did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Yespage did! Be COOL like Yespage and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe Netflix has become more expensive to stream, just to stream and get DVDs.

If you had the stream and DVD and drop to just streaming, you save a couple bucks now. I think I'll be just dropping to streaming.
    Last edited by Yespage; 07-13-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! andrewj0781 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, andrewj0781 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, andrewj0781 did! Be COOL like andrewj0781 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: andrewj0781
    Quote Originally Posted by Yespage
    I don't believe Netflix has become more expensive to stream, just to stream and get DVDs.

If you had the stream and DVD and drop to just streaming, you save a couple bucks now. I think I'll be just dropping to streaming.
    I'm dropping their DVD mail service. I use streaming more now anyways. If I need a movie that bad there's always Blockbuster, Family Video, blockbuster express or red box.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
    Directv Customer 2011 - Present:
    • PREMIER
    • HD
    • HD Extra Pack
    • Whole Home DVR
    • Fox Soccer Plus, NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass
    • Protection Plan Premier with ADH

(1- HR34/700, 1 - HR24/100, 1 - H24/700, 1 - H24/200, & 1 - H24/100)

SiriusXM Customer 2006 - Present
    :

• XM Select

(XM XpressRCi)

If you make this your home for Satellite news and more become a Pub Member to keep this place running. Go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php and Sign Up Now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast