Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help finding Amazonas Satellite

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help finding Amazonas Satellite

Morning guys, First post ever, even though I been reading your posts for quite a while.
    As far as I can see, the Amazonas Satellite is on the C-band, and there is a lot of people arguing that they can/can't get the feed of this satellite here in the USA.
    I live in south Ohio, and by trial and error I only get a 20% quality, with a 94% force reception on the signal.
    I have an older model azbox I brought up from south america where I had a guy install it for me, and now I would like to have it installed over here.
    So, for anyone kind enough to provide me with some guides/ apps, etc I will be glad to start doing the proper research there and start doing the aiming of my dish over there.
    Sorry for being so vague still, but I can't seem to understans all the concepts yet. And yes, I am still reading the forums. I just need a little guidance here.
    Thank you for anyone willing to answer to my post.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and let me tell you I get both bands fine here in Toronto with a 6 footer. I also think this will end up moved to the proper section , maybe the general FTA area. There is also a couple of TP active on the Ku side receivable that far north, from the new Amazonas 2. make sure you set the proper LNB skew value , and obviously the Elevation and Azimuth. Also check your LNB/switches settings on the antena menu.

And now on the funny side , if it was morning at 3 pm then by now should be Afternoon, lol. I am sure more people will chime in with help but we need more details like type of dish/lnb and the likes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply and the welcoming thoughts. I thought you should be able to capture the signal, I am just too dumb in the fact on how this works ATM. So proper schooling should do the trick .
    Anyways, i'll get all the info for the LBN here in a few to post it back. The dish is a small dish 6inch radius I believe. I'll check that again as well. I got the dish pointer pro as well to know the location of the satellite.
    i'll post back and we'll see if I can figure it out!
    Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truesky10 View Post
    The dish is a small dish 6inch radius I believe.
    A 12 inch pizza pan? Amazonas can be received in South America with a larger pizza pan but there is no chance using such a dish here for the same satellite. You need a BUD (big ugly dish) for C-band or a larger ku dish for Amazonas2, which only had a test signal last time I checked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again, and sorry for the late reply. I have a KU NLBN, and a small dish 9 inch. and yes I get no signal at all. I used dish pointer pro, and I do see the satellite position up in the sky though. According to the hispat document about the satelittle is should work on the KU band up here in ohio. Now, I can be completely mistaken about this, since I am no expert, reason why I am looking for advice.
    Anyways, all I know is that it is located on 61 degrees west.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a quick tutorial to check the possibility of receiving Amazonas in Ohio. If you will go to this link (
    Amazonas @ 61.0 West Frequencies

) you will see that there is some C-band (requiring 6 foot dish or larger) programming for North America (you can recognize C-band by looking at the black numbers under frequency polarization - 4 numbers or 5 numbers followed by H or V, 4 numbers = cband, 5 numbers = ku band) so starting with ku band 10975V you will see that all the KU band is for Brazil and/or South America. So reception from Amazonas 1 is not going to happen for you. There is some North America KU reception on Amazonas 2 (
    Amazonas 2 @ 61.0 West Frequencies

). I am able to receive good signal on 12172V which has God TV and Fashion (interesting combo). Sathint.com however says you will likely need a 30 inch dish to pick up ku band in Ohio.

So your 9 inch dish will likely get you nothing on Amazonas or anywhere else for that matter. Hate to discourage you but you will need a bigger dish. I hope this was helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast