Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Check Switch Snafu

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Check Switch Snafu

I have been trying to get a 311 receiver to lock-on in my motorhome which has a single LNB antenna (Winegard DM-RM46). At one point it almost locked on to 110 but failed. I have used a VIP211K in the motorhome and it worked. I ran the check switch test and it indicated there were less satellites available and then a box indicated if I wanted to save the new info which I did. Now the check switch function indicates no satellites available. All X's in all boxes. Is this something DISH will have to reset for me?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

maryb@Dish Network is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try and run the check switch test again. We had an Up-link center go off line and it just was resolved. Please let me know and we will go from there.
    Mary Catherine Brady
    DISH Internet Response Team Lead
    Sunday-Wednesday- 2:45pm-11:15pm & Thursday- 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Brussam did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Brussam did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Brussam did! Be COOL like Brussam and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you have 311? VIP211K.

You should never run the Switch Check unless you are real sure there is a satellite in the view of the dish. I have never taken it down to all X's. I have always recovered from 2 X's out of 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, it's working now. I was even able to lock on to both sat's 110 and 119. I appreciate the reply DISH.