Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More channels on Hits

Post Thanks / Like

More channels on Hits

I was talking to SRL today and asked them who do we contact to get more channels added. They told me we need to contact Hits. So I suggest we start a campaign and let them know we would like more content added to X4 we can get.

Here is Hits contact info:

Comcast Media Center

Worth a shot... Look at what we did with Discovery. SRL told me also everything is cool with Discovery and will be around for a long time. New contracts were signed.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! trinidex did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, trinidex did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, trinidex did! Be COOL like trinidex and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tvropro
    I was talking to SRL today and asked them who do we contact to get more channels added. They told me we need to contact Hits. So I suggest we start a campaign and let them know we would like more content added to X4 we can get.

Here is Hits contact info:

Comcast Media Center

Worth a shot... Look at what we did with Discovery. SRL told me also everything is cool with Discovery and will be around for a long time. New contracts were signed.
    Excellent! Thanks for the good news on Discovery and the contact deets for HITS.

Post Thanks / Like
    srl rep told me last week they could not add any more channels because the x4 sat. was full?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! radio did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, radio did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, radio did! Be COOL like radio and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They probably were referring to the amount of video channels being carried "on" the satellite as a whole to which there is a limit (of course) not that there was no future for new ones being delivered to us as customers. There is a HOST of video programming on that bird, but we're not granted access (yet) to some due to programmers' contractual obligations and/or demands.
    Dish 1: Birdview white solid, motorized for FTA w/V-box VII (system modified by "nicknjen")
    Dish 2: Birdview white solid, stationary, idle for now
    Receiver 1: Micro HD. Working well, original firmware
    For fun: Ramsey FM-100B 1/4 watt to send audio into offices and around the yard!

Retired: DSR-9224DTV; DSR-410; Pansat 3500 FTA; Visionsat 200IV PVR, Openbox S10

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should also ask Comcast for a new receiver or at least a modified one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb Cool View Post
    You guys should also ask Comcast for a new receiver or at least a modified one.
    We don't need a new receiver. We just need them to authorize other receivers that already exist. That's what really makes it's a dirty deal. The units to do what we want are already available, they just won't allow those UIDs to be added.

I'm not 100% sure who "they" are, but "they" are standing in the way for reasons other than physical limitations. It would seem that there's a conscious effort/decision to block us. My impression from SRL is that they would sell the megapipe stuff to us in a heartbeat if there was a path to do so.

Cheers
    526964656D2720436F77626F7973

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast