Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DISH Fails EAS Test? No Perhaps the EAS Test Fails DISH!

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

DISH Fails EAS Test? No Perhaps the EAS Test Fails DISH!

We were talking about this in the supporters Pub Member forum, but from the looks of things DISH Network failed todays EAS test.

I did some testing myself and for my test I had the following setup...

TV tuned to our local NBC Station
    Laptop Tuned to Comcast on USA Network
    iPad tuned to DISH Network via Slingbox on USA Network
    Desktop PC tuned to DIRECTV via Slingbox on USA Network
    SiriusXM Tuned to 80's on 8
    Internet Radio tuned to a MI Radio station

At 2PM DIRECTV flipped programming over to a slate about the test, then when the EAS went off it displayed the crawl from the EAS on the top of the screen. After 30 seconds DIRECTV went back to regular programming.

At 2PM DISH Network was displaying NCIS on USA Network. There was no mention of the EAS at all.

At 2PM Comcast Hartford was displaying NCIS on USA Network, however at 2:03PM the cable box put up a message on the screen with the EAS message. (They were late but got the word out) after 30 seconds the cable box reset itself and retuned back to USA Network.

At 2PM SIRIUSXM played the emergency Alert tones...

At 2PM the radio station in MI played the emergency alert sound however the sound was bad.

So if I had to grade things I would give DIRECTV a PASS with an A
    I would give DISH Network a fail with an F
    I would give Comcast Hartford a Pass with a C (they were 3 minutes late)
    I would give SIRIUSXM a pass with an A
    I would give the MI Radio Station a Pass with a B (just because of the poor audio which I am told was not their fault)

Did anyone else tune in and see anything on DISH? (and I am not talking about crawls that some stations put up themselves)

Update: I have been in contact with a number of folks at DISH Network, and it appears DISH did not fail the EAS Test... instead the EAS test might have failed them! For more details please CLICK HERE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comcasteas.png 
Views:	291 
Size:	694.9 KB 
ID:	71085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	directv.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	71086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	directv2.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	71087  
    Last edited by Scott Greczkowski; 11-09-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! skyviewmark did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, skyviewmark did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, skyviewmark did! Be COOL like skyviewmark and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Dish Forgot to set their clocks back..
    Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends
    2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey's - Dish 1000.4 WA - DirecTV HR44-700 - DirecTV HR24-200 - DTV SWMline Dish

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! bnaivar did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, bnaivar did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, bnaivar did! Be COOL like bnaivar and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott:

I noticed that several channels didn't start the test until 2:01. Some of the Dish channels were running a crawl about the test when my system's local EAS system took over.

Post Thanks / Like
    It didn't run over HBO at 1 PM CST. I have been doubtful the entire time that E* would do this test.

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaivar View Post
    Scott:

I noticed that several channels didn't start the test until 2:01. Some of the Dish channels were running a crawl about the test when my system's local EAS system took over.
    As far as I understand it, DISH was supposed to interupt broadcasts on all channels with the EAS alert like DIRECTV and Comcast did... but they did not.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rogerpl did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rogerpl did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rogerpl did! Be COOL like rogerpl and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it northern Vt comcast ran test around 2:15

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast