Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OpenBox S9: Duplicate Channel Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xtgold View Post
    I've only seen that scanning a circular sat with a linear lnb.
    I'm using a linear universal LNB.

Openbox S9 using C2HS2-11-12-13:0481CMT firmware, GEOSATpro microHD, Digiwave 36"x39" dish w/Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Moteck SG-2100 motor, Glen Martin RT-832 8-ft 4-legged tower, Star Choice 40"x44" fixed dish w/DGL-900D circular LNB

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! SatelliteAV did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, SatelliteAV did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, SatelliteAV did! Be COOL like SatelliteAV and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham
    Forgot to mention that I have the S9 connected to looped connector on back of Coolsat 7000, so I'm using my Coolsat to move and peak the signals from the dish.
    This is exactly the problem.

A slaved receiver cannot control the LNBF polarity if connected to the Loop Out port of a powered master receiver. When the S9 scans, it is only seeing the polarity that the Coolsat has selected and logs the transponder once on the horizontal scan and again on the vertical scan.

I don't think that the S9/S10 allows you to only scan either the vertical or horizontal transponders separately. In a "automatic search it will scan both polarities.

To overcome this limitation of the S9/S10, try this: Select the satellite with the Coolsat. Once the motor moves into position, turn OFF the Coolsat power. Now the S9 can control the polarity selection. You should consider using a dual output LNBF if you want easy access to the satellite with both receivers similtaineously.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might be able to simplify your blind scan by setting the LNB to 10600 and 22 khz=on, should force the high scan range only so you don't waste time scanning irrelevant frequencies.

My S10 seems to be about 4 -5 motor bumps to the degree when moving the dish. I tried what you are doing when I switched from a VS to the S10 but once I had one sat fixed, ended up just diseqing across the sky with the S10 to hit selected tp's. Found the line loss on the pass through set up was too much (particulary for V tp's, works much better on H tp's).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteAV View Post
    This is exactly the problem...
    What you say sounds logical and correct. Too many new things here at one time with the fun new S9. Unfortunately, there is simultaneously a raging snowstorm at this moment. There may even be inches of snow piled up on the LNB now. I need to go see if the dish is buried.

By the way, having both these boxes hasn't diminished my desire for your new box. I figure if one box is fun...3 boxes will be more fun.
    Openbox S9 using C2HS2-11-12-13:0481CMT firmware, GEOSATpro microHD, Digiwave 36"x39" dish w/Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Moteck SG-2100 motor, Glen Martin RT-832 8-ft 4-legged tower, Star Choice 40"x44" fixed dish w/DGL-900D circular LNB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oblio View Post
    You might be able to simplify your blind scan by setting the LNB to 10600 and 22 khz=on, should force the high scan range only so you don't waste time scanning irrelevant frequencies.

My S10 seems to be about 4 -5 motor bumps to the degree when moving the dish. I tried what you are doing when I switched from a VS to the S10 but once I had one sat fixed, ended up just diseqing across the sky with the S10 to hit selected tp's. Found the line loss on the pass through set up was too much (particulary for V tp's, works much better on H tp's).
    Thanks for your tip on blind scan. I will use only the 10600 / 22kHz ON to save time and only use the Universal setting if any satellites have tp in low band. I want to keep both CS and S9 in use simultaneously since each has good features the other doesn't have. But loss is important since I have 200' of RG-6 to the dish. I'll keep experimenting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
    ...I want to keep both CS and S9 in use simultaneously...
    Hooked dish directly to S9 and removed Coolsat. Blind scan worked perfectly on S9 this time, even pulling in LPB DVB-S2 signals. First time I've worked with DVB-S2. Although the quality reading is low for LPB compared with other tp on this satellite, even the LPB HD channel is perfect viewing. And the AC3 is noticably nicer. I don't think I need the Coolsat anymore in line. The S9 is too good. I will put up with doing manual channel edits in a separate program when rarely necessary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast