Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish Canceled Which Equipment to Return?

Post Thanks / Like

Dish Canceled Which Equipment to Return?

I have canceled dish network and today I got a notification on returning equipment. I own one Vip 622 and the other one was leased. Based on this e-mail, picture attached, I am not sure if I return the receiver or smart card or both? Plus am I paying the shipping fees in this case.

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dishcancel.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	72595  

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    the leased receiver and LNB if you can get to it. Also any switches (if installed)
    smart card stays in there...some are built in but yes return the card too (just for the leased unit)

Keep the one you own (obviously)
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dwarren2 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dwarren2 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dwarren2 did! Be COOL like dwarren2 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's pretty clear. You will receive one box and one envelope. The box is for the leased 622 and the envelope is for the owned 622's smart card. You will be charged $15 for the receiver and maybe also for the smart card. They will come with a label and all you have to do is take them to either UPS if that's the shipping method or FedEx.

Post Thanks / Like
    What confused me is if you look at the screen shot , the leased 622 says Obsolete, and they say a return kit will not be sent for obsolete equipment. Thanks

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    you dont return the smart card on the owned unit.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joogle View Post
    What confused me is if you look at the screen shot , the leased 622 says Obsolete, and they say a return kit will not be sent for obsolete equipment. Thanks
    thats a glitch in Dish's system. Dish still gives out 622's so you do need to return the leased one
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast