Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
DirecTV HR-34 - disappointing
I'm now over one month with my DTV service and I have to say I'm disappointed with the HR-34. The receiver operates very slowly, responds to controller requests slowly and whole home dvr is extremely unstable. I feel as if I am a test bunny for directv, even though I paid $99 for this box and $99 for my H25s.
Issues I have come across with the HR34 so far:
1. The response for guide and other menu options is extremely slow.
2 . Guide scrolling and channel changing is slow.
3. Receiver is unstable, I feel I have to reboot very often.
4. Whole home DVR is not stable. Every time I attempt to watch a recorded show it seems it can never make a connection and I have to keep clicking try again.
These things have been very annoying. I've tried the two CE releases for this receiver and it was disappointing to say the least, but it's beta software so I'd expect it.
I'm considering calling directv and complaining about all of this. I feel the receiver was not as finely turned as it should be.
01-11-2012 10:46 PM