Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Excede + Dish Bundle - should I wait?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Excede + Dish Bundle - should I wait?

Quick question (I think):

I'm a Hughesnet customer considering a switch to Viasat Excede. I'm fairly happy with Hughesnet, but wouldn't mind the extra speed of the new service, even if the caps are a bit lower.

I noticed that Dish Network is going to include a bundle soon with Excede. Would I save money by waiting for Dish to roll out the bundle? Or should I just get the Excede now and add Dish later? Or would it make a difference? I don't have Dish network now.

Since I'm ok with Hughes, I willing to hold out on the switch if I can save a few bucks with the bundle?

Thanks for any advice,
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjutton View Post
    Since I'm ok with Hughes, I willing to hold out on the switch if I can save a few bucks with the bundle?
    I think the answer is right there. At the moment, both carts are way out in front of the horse. First off, there's a lot of hue and cry about ViaSat/Exede/Wildblue providing "less for more" in their initial offerings. So for internet, I'd stick with what you know at the moment. Plus, it doesn't sound like you even know what the bundle prices are going to be yet. That's another reason to wait. In the interim, perhaps Exede will realize the error of their ways and offer more sensible caps and/or prices.

//greg//

Scott Greczkowski is offline HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    HughesNet will be launching its Jupiter Platform this Summer, which will allow for faster speeds, 12 MB down and 3 MB up and will be priced highly competitive with the Wildblue offering.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice guys! We've gone with only basic TV for such a long time now, I think I can afford to wait and see. As far as internet, if the Excede offer was a real "game changer" I'd have a tougher decision. But grohgred is right, the caps really take some of the shine off the speed improvement.

I'm just hoping I can take advantage of a bundle at some point - Add TV service and (hopefully) upgrade my internet for a little more $$ than what I pay now for just Hughesnet. (No cable or DSL possible where I'm at)