Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I need to get MeTV?

Post Thanks / Like

What do I need to get MeTV?

Hi everyone. New guy here with a few questions. I've been able to get ME-TV on my locals (KPBI Fort Smith) via Dish Network. Last week the channel went dark and doesn't look like it will be coming back. I live too far out and can't get the station through an antenna.

I've been tossing around the idea of buying a FTA system for a few months. What do I need to buy (Ku or C) to be able to receive ME-TV on SES 2? I'd like to have a stationary system, SD or HD does not matter but I would like to have the ability to record to external hard drive if possible.

If someone could recommend a decent stationary FTA package with all the necessary hardware, dish size and any other info I will need, it would be a help.

I thank you much.

James

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome
    I broke your post off of a different thread.

KPBI got bought out by the CBS affiliate and they (CBS) put My Network on there. Right now that station is just a dupe of 5-2 which is also My (gathered the info from avsforum)

To get MeTV you would need a 6 foot dish and a free to air receiver. I would recommend a Sathawk, Solomend or Openbox. They can do HD & SD and you can hook a hard drive to it and record. MeTV uses what they call dolby digital (or ac-3) audio. Most SD only receivers would require an external audio decoder whereas a HD receiver doers not
    Also on the 87W satellite (SES2) is ThisTV which has older movies
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed 5.2 has went through some changes. Its now called KXNW 34, and show My-TV programming during the day, and Antenna TV programming in the early morning hours.

ME-TV is still being broadcast on Fort Smith Cox (KPBI) channel 8. I think KFSM bought out KFDF, KPBI's sister station.

On the C band system, can you point me in the right direction of a reputable seller that can set me up?

Thanks

Oh, here's the email the KXNW General Manager sent to me about adding Antenna TV 24 hour a day.

James,

We can’t contract with ME TV because they already have an affiliate in KPBI. We are working with Antenna TV and MyNetwork. It is very hard to make a classic channel financially viable. That is why you don’t see many of them existing on primary lower tier channels with the likes of CBS, FOX, ABC and NBC. We are launching KXNW with a mix of strong well watched syndicated shows and blending that with Antenna TV and My Network. We will also produce local newscasts at 7AM and 9PM. From 12:30PM to 2PM weekdays we will air a local sports call-in show we produce called SportsLine.

Yes, it would be easier to simply pass along a classic network, but in today’s highly fragmented media world, a local channel must create a strong local identity and offer both local news and current programming to attract a measurable audience. I hope you like what you see when DISH decides to turn on our channel and thank you for both your interest and input.

All the Best!
    Van

Post Thanks / Like
    TY Iceberg. I've located a reseller that has the C/KU kit. I may go ahead and order and get this ball rolling.

Thanks again for your help.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jwko View Post
    I noticed 5.2 has went through some changes. Its now called KXNW 34, and show My-TV programming during the day, and Antenna TV programming in the early morning hours.
    ME-TV is still being broadcast on Fort Smith Cox (KPBI) channel 8. I think KFSM bought out KFDF, KPBI's sister station.
    KFSM (CBS) bought out KPBI (34) now called KXNW
    I dont show any station in Ft Smith showing MeTV OTA so thats weird
    KFDF use to show This TV and now according to reports is showing RTV again

its weird because when Equity Broadcasting owned all of those we could get those on FTA
    We had at one time these stations from Arkansas
    KPBI My Network
    KFDF ThisTV
    KWBF LR My Network
    KKYK LR ThisTV

old Univision stations
    KLRA LR
    KXUN Ft Smith

along with about 30 other stations that Equity owned....damn those were the days
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

tripinva is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    KPBI was sold to KFSM and became KXNW. None of the sister stations, such as KFDF, were included in the sale. However, KFDF is signed with RTV and I have photographic evidence showing RTV on KFDF. I don't know where Me-TV went in the market, as I have heard no reports of its continued airing on any local stations.

- Trip
    N4MJC

RabbitEars.Info

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast