Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have a viewsat ultra 2000 and dish is there anything i can do with it to get tv

Post Thanks / Like

Angry i have a viewsat ultra 2000 and dish is there anything i can do with it to get tv

i have a viewsat ultra 2000 and dish i'am in cape breton nova scotia i never tried anything with it since they went down years ago
    is there any i can do to get tv channels because our cable is awful app. the help

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! SatelliteAV did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, SatelliteAV did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, SatelliteAV did! Be COOL like SatelliteAV and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    With a 36" dish and linear LNBF you will have access to hundreds of channels on many KU band satellites. Galaxy19 at 97W has the most FTA channels of any of the KU band satellite. You may consider upgrading to a new MPEG4 DVB S2 HD receiver and also add a C-band dish for many English channel options.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bongu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bongu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bongu did! Be COOL like Bongu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by winkthedrifter View Post
    i have a viewsat ultra 2000 and dish i'am in cape breton nova scotia i never tried anything with it since they went down years ago
    is there any i can do to get tv channels because our cable is awful app. the help
    The only ones that I know "went down years ago" were the eye patch signal thieves. If this is the type of setup you have, then the LNBF is a circular type and is almost useless for TRUE FTA. If the dish is at least a 24" dish, it could work for TRUE FTA. a 30" dish is usually considered the minimum, but if you are trying for a satellite like 97W, a 24" might be just enough. The LNBF should be a Ku Linear type, not a circular or DSS type.

I still use a Viewsat receiver and I am pretty happy with it as a beginner box that only does DVB standard definition. The eye patch firmware versions will work for FTA, but the Factory firmware that is posted on this web site will work a lot better and will not cause you legal culpability.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys and I hope you read and read.
    Sat locations I can use, Sat names mean nothing to me!

Ku setup: Winegard 3100, Invacom QPH-031, DG-380 (jury is still out on this setup - tighter beam patterns giving me alignment fits)
    C-Band setup: No dish up currently, Chapparal ortho w/ 8115's, Vbox-X

Receivers: Sonicview 8000HD, Viewsat 2000 Ultra, Prof 7301, Digitrans DVB/DCII DTE-7150, DSR-922, Skybox F3, Geosat Pro MicroHD

Hardware in storage: Winegard 2076, SG-2100, SL2 bullet LNBF, 10' KTI buttonhook, Prodelin 1.8m Ku fixed, numerous DirecTV and Dish reflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by winkthedrifter View Post
    i have a viewsat ultra 2000 and dish i'am in cape breton nova scotia...
    Since you've got it, try it out. If you look around Sydney, you'll notice that even the pay TV guys are using a larger dish (I've seen up to 36" and 39") than many others in North America due to Cape Breton being further from the centre of footprints. Having only a DVB capable receiver can still get you lots of signals, though I wouldn't buy one now. I travel up your way periodically on business. Let me know if you need help.
    Openbox S9 using C2HS2-11-12-13:0481CMT firmware, GEOSATpro microHD, Digiwave 36"x39" dish w/Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Moteck SG-2100 motor, Glen Martin RT-832 8-ft 4-legged tower, Star Choice 40"x44" fixed dish w/DGL-900D circular LNB

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! pro96 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, pro96 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, pro96 did! Be COOL like pro96 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think the OP has that in mind about using Ku and or C band.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pro96 View Post
    I dont think the OP has that in mind about using Ku and or C band.
    Don't understand your comment. He says he has an FTA receiver and dish and he wants to receive TV. What else would he mean?
    Openbox S9 using C2HS2-11-12-13:0481CMT firmware, GEOSATpro microHD, Digiwave 36"x39" dish w/Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Moteck SG-2100 motor, Glen Martin RT-832 8-ft 4-legged tower, Star Choice 40"x44" fixed dish w/DGL-900D circular LNB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast