Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER Sling Adapter/722k connection problem

Post Thanks / Like

Angry ANOTHER Sling Adapter/722k connection problem

After months of deliberating, the wife and I finally ordered a Sling Adapter and Wireless USB connector from Dish last week, both arrived this morning. As with what seems like a LOT of other people, we're having connection issues. We can stream both Live TV and DVR recordings via Wi-Fi (Netgear N600 WNDR3700 Router) to our Android phones and iPod Touch 4, but not via PC or laptop. I've tried dish.sling.com and dishonline, and while both sites show the contents of the DVR, we're getting the following error messages: Via Dishonline.com : "Your computer was able to connect to your device, but the connection was interrupted. (Error 36) Please try connecting again"

Via dish.sling.com : "There was a problem connecting to your device (Error 2). Please try again later."

I know it was a long shot but I tried slingbox.com and my Sling Adapter (and 722k's name) were recognized with the following message:

"Your DISH Network SlingLoaded™ DVR can only be watched on DISH Remote Access and your compatible mobile device. Please log-in to
    www.dishnetwork.com

and click on DISH Remote Access link."

I get the same results no matter what browser I use, having so far tried Firefox 9, Firefox 10, IE9, Chrome 15 and 17. I've been through all of the steps I can find online - most of them from threads on here from TG2 and others - and have tried everything from resetting the router and 722k to disabling anti-virus, reassigning IP addresses, ensuring UPnP is enabled, etc.

Also, when I go into the Menu and choose 6-1-8 then 4 (Web Activation), I'm constantly getting "Error 452 - Failed to activate receiver. Please try again later." Is that a related problem?

I'd appreciate any advice. I'm already sick to death of this.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooops, I thought I'd posted this into Dish Technical Issues. Could a Mod please move this? TIA

maryb@Dish Network is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry that you are having a problem connecting with the sling on the PC & laptops in your home. Just to be sure, you have downloaded the Sling Plug-in? I would like you to log out completely of the dishonline, please. Using IE 7-9, or FF 3.5-8.0, please try to log back into the dishonline. Let me know and we will go from there. Thank you!
    Mary Catherine Brady
    DISH Internet Response Team Lead
    Sunday-Wednesday- 2:45pm-11:15pm & Thursday- 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mary. As an update, Matt G got me in the ballpark for getting this up and running. After he asked me whether or not I had anything blocking anonymous pings I disabled Windows Firewall and that let me view a DVR recording on dish.sling. However, when I switched over to dishonline I was back in the land of error messages and now can't get a connection again. I've just tried to add an exception to my Firewall settings (Enabling Incoming ICMP Echo messages) but that's made no difference.

I did download the Sling plug-in but haven't tried the older browsers yet since I wanted to get you a quick update. I'll find an older browser and post my results. Thanks!

EDIT: I've just noticed something interesting. Whether I'm on dish.sling or dishonline, everything that should be streaming in my web browser is actually taking place on TV2, so for example if I try to watch one of my DVR recordings online it plays it on TV2 instead and gives me one of the above error messages on my computer
    Last edited by SportBilly; 02-08-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest update:

I'm connecting with the Netgear WiFi BB Connector that I ordered from Dish at the same time as the Sling Adapter and am trying each of the following steps on both FF 3.5 and IE9

Now it's doing something a little different. Actually, a lot different. This has become a mess:

Dish.sling:

When I'm on dish.sling and I choose 'Play on TV' for any show, whether it's live or DVR, it plays on TV1 (I don't know if that's normal).
    When I select 'Play on web' for any live show or DVR recording, TV2 will switch on and show whatever channel was playing before it was turned off

Dishonline:

When I'm on dishonline, selecting 'My Live TV' doesn't do anything anywhere (except bring up the Error 36 message in the browser again)

Playing any DVR recording on dishonline makes the recording play on TV2. Once that recording is playing back, nothing else will work remotely on TV2
    If I turn the receiver off for TV2 and choose a program from the guide in dishonline, TV2 will start up but will show the live channel I was previously watching (what this means is that I can't watch ANY live TV via dishonline, either in my browser or physically on a TV here)

Disabling and/or enabling Windows Firewall and my Anti-Virus makes no difference.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest update is that after spending the day thinking this might be a router problem, my wife tried to sign in at her sister's place (so therefore off our home network) and got the same thing - couldn't connect but could see the contents of our DVR. When she tried to play a recording it went directly to our TV2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast