Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANOTHER Sling Adapter/722k connection problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Have no idea what your problem might be i would suggest starting from ground 0. Unplug everything, reboot, and start over. I don't think you mentioned if your wireless adapter and your SA were plugged directly into your receiver or if u were using a powered hub. If the later some have been problematic you might want to try it without using the hub to see if that is the issue.
    Just so you know when you connect to your receiver through the SA it takes over TV2. So if you are succesfully watching program on a smart phone, tablet or PC, you should not see any programming on TV2.
    Hope you resolve the issue

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ross. Unfortunately starting over hasn't resolved the issue The wireless adapter and SA are both plugged directly into the 722k and I've tried alternating front and back USB port with each.

I just tried watching live TV on my Android phone and got a message on TV2 that Remote Viewing has been enabled. I should mention that that's with my phone using my home's Wi-Fi connection which would further suggest that it's not a Wi-Fi issue wouldn't it?

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies if any of you have seen this elsewhere. I'm trying to get help from everywhere I can...

I've got a slight update. I've just bypassed the USB adapter and run a cable straight into my router with exactly the same results (other than a new IP address, natch). Did all the permutations - hooked it up with and without setting a static IP address, with and without Port Forwarding and with and without Anti-Virus and Firewall enabled (and every combination of those too). Still got the same error messages - able to connect but interrupted (Error 36) on DO, and problem connecting (Error 2) on dish.sling

I've really just about had it with this nonsense now. If I can't find a way of getting this working properly by Sunday evening it's going back on Monday and it's the last 'add-on' (including PPV) that I'll ever buy from Dish again. I'll also be making sure everyone I know knows about these problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got 10 seconds of one of my recordings streaming earlier but can't replicate it. One thing I have noticed though is that when I sign into dishonline in IE I occasionally get a popup for ULead MP3 Codec with an OK button on it. If I don't click on OK, the window for the player goes blue with a black letterbox (as though I'm starting up a DVD) then freezes until I press OK, at which point I get 'Authorizing' then 'Connecting' before the usual error message.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300r1jl.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	74038

Post Thanks / Like
    I just posted this in another Forum but thought it important enough to share here...

So... I can finally report SUCCESS!

I called about having my 722k as my Primary Receiver. Following that, I made a change to my Anti-Virus properties. I'm running NOD32, and although I've been disabling it, this time I added an exception by doing the following:

Go into Advanced Setup > Web and email > Protocol Filtering > Excluded Applications

From there I checked the entry C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe, cleared my cookies & cache, restarted my browser and bingo - the Sling Adapter now streams to my PC! Now I don't know why I haven't been able to stream through DO on the two remote PC's I've tried - maybe an exception needed to be added to their av programs? I've also tried to find the same kind of exe file for Internet Explorer and Chrome with no success. Adding the exe files for both browsers lets me stream to them but I don't want the entire browsers to be added as exceptions to my anti-virus progs. If anyone can offer any thoughts on that, I'd be very grateful.

Finally I'll say this - the last Dish Rep that I spoke to told me categorically that the Sling Adapter and DO are 100% incompatible with 64bit browsers... the 'problem' with that is that I've now got this running through Firefox 10.0.1 64bit.

Anyway, thanks to those who have made suggestions and particular thanks to TG2 and MattG @ Dish
    Last edited by SportBilly; 02-11-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12