Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RVU

Post Thanks / Like

RVU

last night I update my samsung led tv.everything is the same.except the input i found a new one RVU? what is rvu? am a directv costumer(:

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADJLATINO View Post
    last night I update my samsung led tv.everything is the same.except the input i found a new one RVU? what is rvu? am a directv costumer(:
    I'm curious, what model Samsung is it ?

RVU works with the HR34 I believe.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    model #UN46D6000SFXZA..

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADJLATINO View Post
    model #UN46D6000SFXZA..
    Ok, it's a 6000 series, originally they had 3 series that did RVU, 6000, 6200 and 6400 I think it was, so yours was RVU capable from the beginning, just needed the update I guess.

I was wondering if you had a different model and a update added the RVU, but I see it wasn't.
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    RVU is a protocol built ontop of DLNA spec. But adds support for GUI streaming and universal access. Directv / Samsung/ Verizon/Motorola / and many others are part of the RVU alliance.

Basically put with the HR34 in one room you would not need a dtv box hooked up to your samsung for it to get tv. it would use it RVU function to talk to the HR34 directly.

raoul5788 is online now Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far the only models that are RVU compliant are the Samsung D6000, D6400, and D6420.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast