Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillies on Directv alternative

Post Thanks / Like

Phillies on Directv alternative

Since it appears that 2012 will be like the rest of the previous years and we will not get Comcast Philadelphia. I was looking at options for being able to watch the phillies this summer. One option would be to set up mlb.tv on my Samsung BluRay player. The only problem is, since I am in the Phillies "blackout" area, I would not be able to use this service without a workaround.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how I can watch the Phillies this summer?

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! juan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, juan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, juan did! Be COOL like juan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Roku..you can watch in market games(12 -24 hours later not live) if you get their MLB package.. They edit out commercials too..
    Major League Baseball Roku MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be the same as if I would subscribe to mlb.tv through my bluray player... doesn't solve my problem of watching the Phillies live.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! juan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, juan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, juan did! Be COOL like juan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are "IP Spoofers" that can be used so that box can appear to be at another locale.. (MLB uses ISP IP addresses to determine where you are)..(u could watch on a pc atleast)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    With Roku..you can watch in market games(12 -24 hours later not live) if you get their MLB package.. They edit out commercials too..
    Major League Baseball Roku MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions

It is not specific to Roku. This is simply the MLB.TV account that allows you to access games online. You can use your PC, mobile devices with the At Bat APP, Roku, AppleTV, PS3 (which is by far the best steaming device for MLB.TV), XBox360 (new this year), Boxee, WD TV (new this year), some blue-ray players, and TVs that have the MLB At Bat APP.

In order to use any of these devices, including the Roku, you have to have the premium account.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    There are "IP Spoofers" that can be used so that box can appear to be at another locale.. (MLB uses ISP IP addresses to determine where you are)..(u could watch on a pc atleast)
    I use location spoofer on my iPhone and iPad and it works perfectly. I set my location somewhere in Mexico and none of the games are blacked out, including the post season, Fox Saturday games, my local teams, and Sunday Night games.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast