Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free to air Pansat 3500 sd

Post Thanks / Like

Free to air Pansat 3500 sd

Hi there!!
    I have a Pansat 3500sd receiver that I want to put back in use if it is still possible considering its been collecting dust for the last few years due to bin files being unavailable. I want to go free to air. The one channel that I am interested in picking up is RTP( Portugal). Is it possible to get it with my current receiver? Do i have to load any software into the receiver? or just put it back to original factory settings. Also what size dish do i need ?
    Im new around here so any help would greatly appreciated? thanx

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes the 3500 will work fine. A factory reset would be best

as for dish a 30" is minimal....preferably 36" or even a 1m if you're in TO.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bongu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bongu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bongu did! Be COOL like Bongu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums.

In addition to Iceberg's suggestions my guess is that you may need to swap out your circular LNBF for a linear LNBF based upon what you said about bin files being unavailable.
    Sat locations I can use, Sat names mean nothing to me!

Ku setup: Winegard 3100, Invacom QPH-031, DG-380 (jury is still out on this setup - tighter beam patterns giving me alignment fits)
    C-Band setup: No dish up currently, Chapparal ortho w/ 8115's, Vbox-X

Receivers: Sonicview 8000HD, Viewsat 2000 Ultra, Prof 7301, Digitrans DVB/DCII DTE-7150, DSR-922, Skybox F3, Geosat Pro MicroHD

Hardware in storage: Winegard 2076, SG-2100, SL2 bullet LNBF, 10' KTI buttonhook, Prodelin 1.8m Ku fixed, numerous DirecTV and Dish reflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    what is a 1m?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rv1pop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rv1pop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rv1pop did! Be COOL like rv1pop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    South Central Cascade Mountains and on the road.
    Post Thanks / Like
    And, I believe the RTP is available at 101W KU free to air. 1m is a 1 meter dish sometimes referred to as a 39 inch dish, here in the colonies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gilmour View Post
    ...The one channel that I am interested in picking up is RTP( Portugal). Is it possible to get it with my current receiver?...
    RTPI can be seen FTA on Galaxy 19 at 97W on this transponder: 12060 H 22000. Watching it now. "1m" means a 1-meter diameter dish antenna.
    Openbox S9 using C2HS2-11-12-13:0481CMT firmware, GEOSATpro microHD, Digiwave 36"x39" dish w/Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Moteck SG-2100 motor, Glen Martin RT-832 8-ft 4-legged tower, Star Choice 40"x44" fixed dish w/DGL-900D circular LNB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast