Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish/Echostar Employee Discount Program?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stardust3 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stardust3 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stardust3 did! Be COOL like stardust3 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to veer off topic, but, from an installation standpoint Directv is much easier to install in regards to los in this dma. While there are many EA markets on the east coast, there are also many WA areas. Here the 129 bird comes in on a 24 degree elevation & Directv 101 is 44, that is huge when trying to find a los & all the difference in the world between getting a signal or not. From Claudes standpoint D* is much less risk also because he's only responsible for the equipment for 3 days vs E* which is 180 days, that is huge when footing the bill equipment wise for a complete stranger who may or may not keep the service for the required term.
    In regards to the op's question, it is my opinion that if you're an employee of a communications company that all services provided should be part of your benefits excluding ppv. Cable companies have been doing this for their people for years & most of them have stock prices well under dish except for a few. My own personal opinions of dish have seriously diminished over the years even though I am still a customer. They definitely could change things for the better, if not for customers, at least for their own people.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Slamminc11 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Slamminc11 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Slamminc11 did! Be COOL like Slamminc11 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navychop View Post
    Counting employees as customers will make no statistical difference in the figures they report. Looking for employee knowledge and loyalty- there's value in that.

I wish you luck in selling DirecTV, Claude, because I think you're slitting your throat on selling Dish.
    I've quit telling people to go to Dishstore. Why should I send someone to Claude when he hasn't had anything good to say about the stuff he sells for a couple months at least and says it so publicly...
    SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, THERE REALLY IS A DIFFERENCE AND IT ISN'T HARD TO FIGURE OUT!!!
    >Loose=not tight, as in: Babette's garter is really loose and she may lose it.
    >Lose
    =don't have it anymore, as in: Babette will lose her garter because it is really loose.
    >Could care less=you can actually care less even more than what you do now.
    >Couldn't care less=there is absolutely no more caring that can be cared about

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navychop View Post
    Counting employees as customers will make no statistical difference in the figures they report. Looking for employee knowledge and loyalty- there's value in that.

I wish you luck in selling DirecTV, Claude, because I think you're slitting your throat on selling Dish.
    Actually he is telling the guy some is exactly like what I had when I was an asst mgr for Blockbuster, only difference is it now E* he has to have instead of D*. I got several perks out of it as I subbed more people on to D* as I was an asst mgr that traveled tween on 7 stores in my district and picked up subs thru out the area. Was about to be offered my own store in the district when I was able to go back to school and get my degree by "getting fired". The best job I got fired from indirectly on purpose. Anyway sounds almost identical to BB's previous program.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stardust3 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stardust3 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stardust3 did! Be COOL like stardust3 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I agree with everything Claude says, but the bottom line is he is still partly responsible for keeping the lights on here & the last time I checked, was still still a site sponsor with moderator status & could give a vacation to anyone as per described in the site rules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust3 View Post
    Not to veer off topic, but, from an installation standpoint Directv is much easier to install in regards to los in this dma. While there are many EA markets on the east coast, there are also many WA areas. Here the 129 bird comes in on a 24 degree elevation & Directv 101 is 44, that is huge when trying to find a los & all the difference in the world between getting a signal or not. From Claudes standpoint D* is much less risk also because he's only responsible for the equipment for 3 days vs E* which is 180 days, that is huge when footing the bill equipment wise for a complete stranger who may or may not keep the service for the required term.
    In regards to the op's question, it is my opinion that if you're an employee of a communications company that all services provided should be part of your benefits excluding ppv. Cable companies have been doing this for their people for years & most of them have stock prices well under dish except for a few. My own personal opinions of dish have seriously diminished over the years even though I am still a customer. They definitely could change things for the better, if not for customers, at least for their own people.
    LOS should be a problem for his location as it will be EA. He has a WV address. So they will be putting up an EA dish hit 72 then peak the skew for 61.5 & 77 and done. WV LIL are EA.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what about:

Are equipment costs also discounted or waived?

What type of receivers are allowed?

Is a contract required?

Is installation free?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Greiner View Post
    But I can post confidential company employee program details

You get the Top120 package for Free on 1 or 2 TV's. Anything above and beyond that you pay.

BTW, don't worry about not getting an employee account. Once they get you selling their product they will "MAKE" you get an account so they can count you as a customer when they post their quarterly report.

Several months ago there was a memo that went out that if you work for Dish, they expect you to be a customer and could care less if you watch it or not.

What a great company to work for

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast