Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just called local retailer for a hopper.....Scary! (Houston)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is ANOTHER reason I would not want to be first in line. Possibility of a screwed up or frustrating install. I don't want to be someone's practice session.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Scherrman did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Scherrman did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Scherrman did! Be COOL like Scherrman and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Herky_T_Hawkeye
    I'll admit, there are a lot of retailers that no very little of the full offerings Dish has. If the info is not provided to them directly from Dish and have proper training they will not know what's going on. Many do not go out of their way to find out what they can.

I myself prefer to stay ahead of the game. I really enjoy knowing the new products and enjoy selling it more when I understand it. I can understand how some have no idea what's new with Dish since they can be very bad at educating retailers. They do have Retailer Development Forums but some of those are hundreds of miles away. Team Summit is helpful but not everyone can afford to take the time off of work or pay for the expenses. The best thing for a retailer in my mind is to work with a distributor with Dish. They can be very helpful passing news along.

As for some retailers not having product in stock yet, the Hopper just came available last Thursday. I got mine Friday because I went to my distributor and picked it up. Most retailers will just be getting their inventory now. Then they need to set it up and get familiarized with it. It's not as simple as most here seem to think it is.
    If you are signing up for Dish please consider using one of my referrals
    TMR155082598 / AHP067673556 / AHP060706106
    To redeem the code go to
    http://tinyurl.com/dishreferralor you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. GO HAWKS!

Hopper with Sling and EHD on Samsung 58" Plasma
    Hopper on JVC 70" HDILA
    Mirrored to JVC 37" LCD
    Joey on Emerson 32" LCD
    Joey on LG 26" LCD
    211z with Tailgater

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! TheKrell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, TheKrell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, TheKrell did! Be COOL like TheKrell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    This is ANOTHER reason I would not want to be first in line. Possibility of a screwed up or frustrating install. I don't want to be someone's practice session.
    Indeed. And this is also ANOTHER reason I want to do it myself!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! DustoMan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, DustoMan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, DustoMan did! Be COOL like DustoMan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DustoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Scherrman View Post
    I'll admit, there are a lot of retailers that no very little of the full offerings Dish has. If the info is not provided to them directly from Dish and have proper training they will not know what's going on. Many do not go out of their way to find out what they can.

I myself prefer to stay ahead of the game. I really enjoy knowing the new products and enjoy selling it more when I understand it. I can understand how some have no idea what's new with Dish since they can be very bad at educating retailers. They do have Retailer Development Forums but some of those are hundreds of miles away. Team Summit is helpful but not everyone can afford to take the time off of work or pay for the expenses. The best thing for a retailer in my mind is to work with a distributor with Dish. They can be very helpful passing news along.

As for some retailers not having product in stock yet, the Hopper just came available last Thursday. I got mine Friday because I went to my distributor and picked it up. Most retailers will just be getting their inventory now. Then they need to set it up and get familiarized with it. It's not as simple as most here seem to think it is.
    Scherrman-
    You want to come up and do my install? I'll buy you a couple packs of Spotted Cow for making the trip over the river?
    Dusto
    dustoman at gmail dot com
    hopper on 1080p Panasonic HDTV
    2 joeys on 2 1080p Vizio HDTVs
    OTA is HERE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKrell View Post
    Indeed. And this is also ANOTHER reason I want to do it myself!
    +1.

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday hoping to get an early install tentatively scheduled...they didn't give me much confidence talking to them. I knew way more then they did about availability and install particulars (thanks to sat guys...)

It would be really great if we could work with DIRT on some sort of self install program for forum members....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Scherrman did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Scherrman did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Scherrman did! Be COOL like Scherrman and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Herky_T_Hawkeye
    Quote Originally Posted by DustoMan View Post
    Scherrman-
    You want to come up and do my install? I'll buy you a couple packs of Spotted Cow for making the trip over the river?
    Aww man! I love Spotted Cow. New Glarus makes fantastic beer. The beer deal is inticing but that's a little too far for me. Thanks for the offer.
    If you are signing up for Dish please consider using one of my referrals
    TMR155082598 / AHP067673556 / AHP060706106
    To redeem the code go to
    http://tinyurl.com/dishreferralor you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. GO HAWKS!

Hopper with Sling and EHD on Samsung 58" Plasma
    Hopper on JVC 70" HDILA
    Mirrored to JVC 37" LCD
    Joey on Emerson 32" LCD
    Joey on LG 26" LCD
    211z with Tailgater

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast