Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

I've been a customer for 3 years. I called a month ago and was told a Hopper a 2 Joeys would run me $199 total to upgrade.

Today I contact Dish on twitter, they first tell me its $700 to upgrade to 1H + 2J... And then later tell me that the retail price is actually $647.

My friend who has the same Dish setup as me, got it roughly the same time I did, and he's only paying $99 for 1H + 2J... Insane.

Actually thinking about switching to those-other-guys....

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski is offline HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    CSR's are just getting up to speed on Hopper and Joey, up until today for many of them they didn't even know the Hopper existed.

I would try again later today and you will find the information is more accurate from all the CSR's.

Sometimes patience is a vertue.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm DNS Tech.. So I called Dash and csr agent quoted me $200 per hopper... so $400 if i wanted to 2 hoppers.. Asked to me transfer to loyalty she refused to transfer me. So I hung and called the 800 number and got quoted $100 per hopper.. $200 for 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. don't know if I got charge $400 or $200 I will need to wait and see.. Got email showing the change but it's all wrong.. She setup me up for 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys.. I'll need to fix that part later...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Russo View Post
    I've been a customer for 3 years. I called a month ago and was told a Hopper a 2 Joeys would run me $199 total to upgrade.

Today I contact Dish on twitter, they first tell me its $700 to upgrade to 1H + 2J... And then later tell me that the retail price is actually $647.

My friend who has the same Dish setup as me, got it roughly the same time I did, and he's only paying $99 for 1H + 2J... Insane.

Actually thinking about switching to those-other-guys....

I was told $99 but I had to sign a 2 year contract with no incentives. Holding off because of the contract.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a mess. At least they didn't quote you $53 above full retail price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to the forum and signed up just to reply to this thread. Very frustrated right now. I called them this morning and was quoted the same 647.00 for 1 hopper 2 joeys. When asked if they wanted to loose a loyal (over 5 years) customer I was told there was nothing they could do. After hanging up I entered a chat and got the same response. Also asked what prevented me from caneclling and signing up again and was informed that any request for service within 6 months would be treated as a reconnect and the fees assesed. To add insult to injury I told the CSR that I would be re-evaluating my choice in entertainment providers, and recieved a response that Dish offers best in class service and support, and the latest in technology that can not be matched by C**LE. I said, yes but they dont charge me 650 for the latest technology. As a professional in the audiovisual industry I find it astounding that current subscribers are getting the short end of the stick.

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast