Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopper And Joey Wiring Diagrams

Post Thanks / Like

Hopper And Joey Wiring Diagrams

Starting a new thread now that there are easier to understand Dish pdf files.....

The first training document uploaded has most of the basics along with some wiring diagrams. The second job aid pdf has a nice overview as well as some different wiring setups.

I believe the current uploads are the easiest to understand for customers who might want to know beforehand how this will be wired.

As a caution, most customers should ignore any wiring diagrams that show VIP equipment. Dish is not allowing customers to have mixed equipment. If you want Hopper/Joey, you'll have to give up your old receivers that are on the same account.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sparc; 03-15-2012 at 12:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Dish Hopper and Joey Spec Sheets

posted in another thread by Scott if you want some basic technical info on the Hopper/Joey

Post Thanks / Like
    The documents in the main post were sourced from the Dish training site:
    Dish Tech Portal

if you want even more documentation and videos, the real techs will want to go there. Just click Weekly Training and 2012

Again the purposes of this thread was more to help customers who were confused about wiring. There were a lot of misunderstandings of how this will be wired between the hoppers and joeys. (Obviously some customers will want to know in detail how the wiring will needed to be changed or run.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm continuing to be confused when it shows a system with a VIP receiver (tailgater). Why is this shown when they continue to say this is not possible? I don't get it.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Satellite Fan
    I'm continuing to be confused when it shows a system with a VIP receiver (tailgater). Why is this shown when they continue to say this is not possible? I don't get it.
    You could own a Tailgater on a separate account, and plug in that ViP211 series DVR in to your dish at home. Also, a renter with a ViP receiver could share the dish with you and your Hopper system. I know if I rented out my downstairs I would not allow the renter to put up an additional dish.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Scherrman did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Scherrman did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Scherrman did! Be COOL like Scherrman and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Herky_T_Hawkeye
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Satellite Fan View Post
    Because it is only suppose to be for installers to know. There are cases where it may be needed like Navy said.
    If you are signing up for Dish please consider using one of my referrals
    TMR155082598 / AHP067673556 / AHP060706106
    To redeem the code go to
    http://tinyurl.com/dishreferralor you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. GO HAWKS!

Hopper with Sling and EHD on Samsung 58" Plasma
    Hopper on JVC 70" HDILA
    Mirrored to JVC 37" LCD
    Joey on Emerson 32" LCD
    Joey on LG 26" LCD
    211z with Tailgater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast