Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopper Remotes and My Harmony

Post Thanks / Like

Hopper Remotes and My Harmony

Well….I should've asked this BEFORE I ordered my Hopper and Joeys….oh well. So, if I understand correctly, the Hopper remote is an RF remote? Is there also an IR functionality? If it is RF only, I'm going to be a little bummed because I think my Logitech Harmony 900 is going to have trouble with that. It uses RF…but only from the Harmony to the IR blasters.

Hmmm….what to do?

TimR><>

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, both hopper and joey can respond to IR but you need to turn it on in the options.

Scott Greczkowski is offline HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    When you get your receivers just go into Remote Setup and turn IR support on and you are all set.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify…I realize the Hopper Remote has IR - to control TV's and other aux devices. My question is, does the Hopper itself have an IR receive port so that I can control the Hopper and DVR functions through IR - or are those functions strictly controlled by RF?

Thanks,
    TimR><>

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Scott! I was typing as you were posting…..that is a HUGE relief!!!

TimR><>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski View Post
    When you get your receivers just go into Remote Setup and turn IR support on and you are all set.
    Okay, this is my first post out here, but I want to clarify to just double and triple check what I'm reading. I just ordered an upgrade to my current system (DVR 612, with 2 211's) to a single Hopper and 2 Joey's. The big worry I have is I have a home theater where one of the Joey's will be and in there I have high end URC MX-880 remote that send signals to all devices (Dish Receiver, BluRay Player, Audio Receiver, and XBox 360) via IR codes. All the devices have a little IR extender that sticks to the IR sensor on the corresponding device.Is there an IR sensor on the Joey that I will be able to stick on of these IR senders to? I have to work with the HT installer to program the remote as the URC doesn't allow consumer programming, but I need to know if this is even going to be possible.From what I'm reading I will have to turn something on in the Joey, but what I haven't read anywhere yet is where/if there is even an IR sensor on the Joey box itself.Thank you and I apologize if this is somewhere else, I just couldn't find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast