Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting up broadband with HR24-500

Post Thanks / Like

Setting up broadband with HR24-500

I have the HR24-500 receiver and want to connect to my router. I am hardwired, Directv didn't set me up last July and they sent me the DECA Broadband Adapter DECABB1MR0-01 today. I don't think I have everything I need to make this connection. Can you explain te connection equipment needed and the layout of doing so?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! littleguy did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, littleguy did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, littleguy did! Be COOL like littleguy and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since hardwired just run the network setup in the menu to test to see if it can see the internet. Once it passes you are good to go. I have my boxes hardwired to my router with no problems.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! BobStokesbary did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, BobStokesbary did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, BobStokesbary did! Be COOL like BobStokesbary and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is really bizarre. Do you have a standalone HR24 with SWM? If so, D* typically demands professional installation on that CCK. Before I say anything more, I really need to know if you have a SWM setup and where your Power Inserter is located.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! littleguy did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, littleguy did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, littleguy did! Be COOL like littleguy and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an HR22 R22 and HR 24. I just have them hardwired to my router and am able to have whole home dvr. I do not have deca.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! BobStokesbary did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, BobStokesbary did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, BobStokesbary did! Be COOL like BobStokesbary and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My question was for dpolland, the thread starter. I am curious about his setup since D* does not allow you to just buy the CCK he mentioned without a professional install. I think he is confusing us all with his simple question. To give him a reasonable answer we really need to know what kind of receivers he has and what kind of setup. Too many posters ask simple questions, then really confuse the issue by adding additional equipment to the mix and causing a whole lot of incorrect answers until the system configuration is clear. This is his first post so he doesn't know that he has to be clear about his whole setup in order to get a reasonable answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    1 and done...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast