Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Satellites does DirecTV use?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! tennisnut did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, tennisnut did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, tennisnut did! Be COOL like tennisnut and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Satellites does DirecTV use?

Because of obstructions we're unable to see the right combination of DISH satellites to get all the channels (particularly HD ones) that we're paying for. I need to look at DirecTV as an alternative, and I don't understand which satellites DirecTV uses. TheList only shows three: 101W, 110W, and 119W. Do those three birds carry all of the DirecTV channels for ConUS? What about local channels, which I assume are spotbeams from some satellite. We're in the Houston, TX market. Would appreciate any background or links to other resources with such information.

I'm asking because I want to use my DishPointer AR Pro app to see if clearance is any better with DirecTV than Dish.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! royrdsjr did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, royrdsjr did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, royrdsjr did! Be COOL like royrdsjr and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    DirecTV uses 99,101,& 103(where the national HD channels are) using the SL3 LNB. The SL5 LNB adds 110(which not much if anything is on it) & 119(which carries Spanish programing,various PI programing,& some local programing,depending on what satellite your locals are on) to the before mentioned satellites.

raoul5788 is online now Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go here
    Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

and put in your address. It will give you a good idea of where the Directv satellites are.

BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! tennisnut did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, tennisnut did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, tennisnut did! Be COOL like tennisnut and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. That should get me there. What is PI programming? If my locals are available on 99, 101, & 103, and I'm not interested in other languages, do you think it would be a mistake not to try to pick up 110 & 119?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks raoul5788. Is that a Studebaker Hawk? Wish I still had my old 1960 Lark.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    110 & 119 are of no consequence depending on your locals. HOU is not on 110 or 119
    PI usually means public interest; you can see what is on by clicking here
    Packages - North & South America - LyngSat

and selecting the ChNo link next to each SAT location. Such as: 110 =
    DirecTV USA on DirecTV 5 at 109.8W - LyngSat

and 119 =
    DirecTV USA on DirecTV 7S at 119.0W - LyngSat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast