Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still a bit confused about best combination of Hoopers/Joeys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! sethwell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, sethwell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, sethwell did! Be COOL like sethwell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    well with PTAT enabled, and since you state that most times you are watching broadcast programming a 1 hopper/3 joey setup might work just fine. with PTAT enabled you are recording the big 4 channels and have the ability to record 2 sat channels as well. if you think 3 tuners is not going to be enough, then just get a 2 hopper/2 joey setup like i have. then you have 6 tuners available.

usually on monday nights i would have timer conflicts but didn't have any last night because of PTAT.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless the extra up front cost is some sort of deal breaker go with 2 hoppers. Your biggest annoyance short term would be if one Hopper location wants to watch something recorded on the other Hopper, but you can't do that now, so you aren't losing anything. The joeys can swith between Hoppers pretty easily.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tampa8 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tampa8 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tampa8 did! Be COOL like Tampa8 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sethwell View Post
    well with PTAT enabled, and since you state that most times you are watching broadcast programming a 1 hopper/3 joey setup might work just fine. with PTAT enabled you are recording the big 4 channels and have the ability to record 2 sat channels as well. if you think 3 tuners is not going to be enough, then just get a 2 hopper/2 joey setup like i have. then you have 6 tuners available.

usually on monday nights i would have timer conflicts but didn't have any last night because of PTAT.
    A second Hopper costs the same as a Joey, why wouldn't he get a second Hopper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa8 View Post
    A second Hopper costs the same as a Joey, why wouldn't he get a second Hopper?
    This ^

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Scherrman did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Scherrman did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Scherrman did! Be COOL like Scherrman and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Herky_T_Hawkeye
    Go with the 2 Hopper 2 Joey setup and you'll be very happy. You have a scenario similar to mine and it works great for me.
    If you are signing up for Dish please consider using one of my referrals
    TMR155082598 / AHP067673556 / AHP060706106
    To redeem the code go to
    http://tinyurl.com/dishreferralor you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. GO HAWKS!

Hopper with Sling and EHD on Samsung 58" Plasma
    Hopper on JVC 70" HDILA
    Mirrored to JVC 37" LCD
    Joey on Emerson 32" LCD
    Joey on LG 26" LCD
    211z with Tailgater

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! loubon did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, loubon did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, loubon did! Be COOL like loubon and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for your input. It was pretty much what I had figured out (2 Hoppers/2 Joeys would be best) but I wanted to be sure. Refarding the cost difference I was told the monthly charge would be the same but if you go with 2 Hoppers the upfront charge is per Hopper. So I think that was what the other poster meant about the additional cost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast