Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programs Cut Short

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! oldengineer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, oldengineer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, oldengineer did! Be COOL like oldengineer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
    Storage Wars Texas ran 2 mins long like usual and the Auction Hunters premiere was some live special and ran 3 or more minutes long. Part of the problem is dish's guide info stops right on the hour therefore so does the recordings.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive
    I've only been with E* for 4 months and my biggest complaint against them is the guide. It seems to always round down in 5 minute increments. I was with D* for 4+ years and their guide was much better about end times for shows. This week I missed the ending of Desperate Housewives because PTAT hadn't activated and also missed the end of Fairly Legal on USA. I wish Dish would use the D* guide.
    2H/2J

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! DustoMan did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, DustoMan did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, DustoMan did! Be COOL like DustoMan and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DustoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    I've only been with E* for 4 months and my biggest complaint against them is the guide. It seems to always round down in 5 minute increments. I was with D* for 4+ years and their guide was much better about end times for shows. This week I missed the ending of Desperate Housewives because PTAT hadn't activated and also missed the end of Fairly Legal on USA. I wish Dish would use the D* guide.
    ABC purposely offsets their schedule on some shows to mess up DVRs. You might want to pad that timer by a minute or two just to make sure the end doesn't get cut off.
    Dusto
    dustoman at gmail dot com
    hopper on 1080p Panasonic HDTV
    2 joeys on 2 1080p Vizio HDTVs
    OTA is HERE!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is why I set manual timers for certain nights on comedies. Like Cbs on Monday night from 7:00pm - 9:00pm and I catch all the endings of the shows . Same on Fox shows on certain comedy nights and ABC loves to do the late endings on their comedies too, so another 2 hour manual timers on Wednesday nights too. OF course I'm talking about the Vip series of dvrs. I only wish that they would allow you to do manual timers on the Hopper too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Multiple programs tonight were cut short again. I don't ever recall having this issue with Directv. The only scheduling issue I had with them was I couldn't get the receiver to stop recording an extra minute of The Bachelor, resulting in one less tuner to record in the next time period.
    This is why I'm hesitant to add extra time to recordings.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the hopped is like every other dish DVR when you use the system default of 1 min early 3 min late it will drop the pad if it would cause a conflict.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12