Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey won't link

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! B_Kranski did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, B_Kranski did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, B_Kranski did! Be COOL like B_Kranski and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Joey won't link

Hello I have been trying to find info and hate posting new comments, but I have a two hopper, two joey set-up. when the first tech tried to install...he didn't wait till live t.v. and now that joey will not link, is there anything I can do, I have tried unplugging and plugging in, tried resetting, and noting, there should be a way for these things to go back to factory default. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Bill

2 Hopper, 2 Joey set-up

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, ready?

Unplug the joey from power.
    Unplug cable from joey.
    Plug joey into power.
    When it boots, put in standby (hit power button).
    Unplug from power.
    Connect coax cable.
    Plug into power.
    Wait for it to boot back up, it should boot back into standby mode.
    Unplug from power.
    Plug into power.

Nice, right? But after the last step it may still be in standby, power button turns it on, then it should automatically start a software download and reboot again, and be active.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done a H/J install, and could not link a joey. The CSR also told me if the above method does not work, you can turn the hopper and Joey off for about an hour and they will automatically update and start download. I decided that we would just replace the Joey at that point. It might be worth a try before calling to have the joey replaced.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tampa8 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tampa8 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tampa8 did! Be COOL like Tampa8 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pitstop66 View Post
    I decided that we would just replace the Joey at that point. It might be worth a try before calling to have the joey replaced.
    ??

Post Thanks / Like
    I see you are in Tampa, one of my fellow installers should have been your installer. We know not to touch the joeys until the hopper is up, I wonder why he didnt. But anyways some techs are having to go out multiple times to fix the joeys. We havnt figured out the cause although I find the above fix interesting. I have installed 5 hopper joey installs this week, and had no issues but have heard other techs struggling with joeys. We keep replacing joeys and nodes till it eventually works.... sigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa8 View Post
    ??
    Tampa8, not sure what the ?? was for. I am just giving info on what a CSR tech told me, "you can turn off the joey and hopper for 1 hour and it may start download. Your other option is to replace the Joey". I replaced the joey.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast