Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dish "Protection Plan"

Post Thanks / Like

Dish "Protection Plan"

It is really nice for dish to be able to collect this. I am just leasing the receivers, yet I have to pay to maintain them. Normally when you rent or lease something, the "owner" has to pay to maintain or repair. What exactly am I getting by paying the extra $6.00 per month that dish shouldn't be required on leased equipment to provide anyway?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Plan covers tech visits which include repointing dish, wires, connections and shipping fees on replaced receivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I chose to pass on it. What it boiled down to for me is $72 per year so if my receiver goes bad they will pick it up instead of me paying to ship it to them. I like to live on the edge.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You lease a car or rental equipment, and see what happens when you try to return it needing repairs.

We lease a fleet of vehicles. Guess who pays a fee up front, and for all maintenance and repairs?
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like

Well when

If i wreck my leased car or break it, me or my insurance has to fix it - not the leaser

Quote Originally Posted by hogwired View Post
    It is really nice for dish to be able to collect this. I am just leasing the receivers, yet I have to pay to maintain them. Normally when you rent or lease something, the "owner" has to pay to maintain or repair. What exactly am I getting by paying the extra $6.00 per month that dish shouldn't be required on leased equipment to provide anyway?

Post Thanks / Like
    I too was wondering this. But found out if you need a tech visit, its $15 instead of $99 with protection plan. Not sure how often you will need it though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast