Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: deleting prime time recording

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! sethwell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, sethwell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, sethwell did! Be COOL like sethwell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stansat View Post
    hey speedy how about taking it out of the owners manual so as to not confuse customers??? just saying!!
    I think you read it wrong in the manual. the sections talking about deleting PTAT recording are for recordings that you have saved.

Last edited by sethwell; 04-02-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sethwell View Post
    I think you read it wrong in the manual. the sections talking about deleting PTAT recording are for recordings that you have saved.
    I thought that myself, but then went back and read it again:

"The shows recorded in the PrimeTime Anytime™ folder will expire in eight days. The
    oldest recording for each program then will be deleted automatically, unless you highlight
    the item in your folder, select it and use the Save option for that individual recording. You
    can also select and Delete a recording in the folder without waiting for it to expire."

Saved recordings don't expire, so I think they are talking about recordings in the PTAT folder.

That said, the User Guide is a work-in-progress, as is the software. One or the other should get fixed in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS SPEEDY FOR THE CLARIFICATION!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stansat View Post
    THANKS SPEEDY FOR THE CLARIFICATION!!
    Not trying to make a big deal here, but all caps usually means you are yelling. Just don't want people to get mad at you if you keep posting as such.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Poke did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Poke did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Poke did! Be COOL like Poke and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattG@ DISH NETWORK View Post
    As mentioned, there is no way to delete anything from the Prime Time Anytime DVR section. After it has been there for 8 days, it will be deleted automatically. PTAT uses a separate part of the DVR hard drive, and it does not use your personal recording space.
    Yeah that what I was explaining to Dish the other day when they called ask if I was interested in the Hopper when I no longer have service with them. That the PTAT already uses part of the HD so the reality is you really don't have access to a true 2TB just 500GB plus just 3 tuners. I told them that I was going to get on the HR34 at some point with 5 tuners and a true 1TB drive. I think the Hopper is ok and it good to see Dish where Direct been but the PTAT and not letting the user have full access to what they want to with the hard drive for on recordings was not smart.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poke View Post
    Yeah that what I was explaining to Dish the other day when they called ask if I was interested in the Hopper when I no longer have service with them. That the PTAT already uses part of the HD so the reality is you really don't have access to a true 2TB just 500GB plus just 3 tuners. I told them that I was going to get on the HR34 at some point with 5 tuners and a true 1TB drive. I think the Hopper is ok and it good to see Dish where Direct been but the PTAT and not letting the user have full access to what they want to with the hard drive for on recordings was not smart.
    DirectTV's HR34 stores 200 hours of user HD, a Hopper stores 250 hours of user HD plus 96 hours of PTAT HD, not including maybe 1000 hours of HD storage on an on the menu, transparantly operable 2TB external drive. What in the world is "a true 1TB drive"???? A second Hopper makes it 6 tuners at the same monthly cost as a Joey, and doubles the storage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast