Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Hopper Causing internet connection issues with router?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfcpawv View Post
    Ever since the my hopper/joey/network adapter was installed, I have been experiencing the same problem. Other computers on my network are constantly dropping their internet connection. Unplug the network interface and everything returns to normal. Any suggestions on the best way to fix this??
    I have 1H/2J and when the hopper is directly connected via Ethernet to my DLink Di-524 Wireless Router, the hopper fails to get any broadband connectivity. When I go to the network settings screen, and ethernet is plugged in, I cannot select the other connections--it defaults to MoCa and I can't change to either ethernet connection. When I connect the Netgear Wireless USB adapter to the Joey and connect to my router via WiFi, I can get a connection, but it's intermittent. Watching ONDemand frequently buffers and then eventually fails to buffer at all, forcing me to stop play. The OnDemand menu then says the download failed for whatever I was watching. I have to delete the episode and start it over from the beginning.

There is obviously something wrong with the hopper itself or it's firmware as I'm not the only one who has this same problem, with the exact same equipment no less. My Vip722 did not have this issue.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmallen1 View Post
    There is obviously something wrong with the hopper itself or it's firmware as I'm not the only one who has this same problem, with the exact same equipment no less. My Vip722 did not have this issue.
    probably a software issue. report it all to DIRT...

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to remedy this issue myself somewhat. I had a wireless Dlink bridge that connects via wireless to extend my wifi network. It has one ethernet port on it that i connected directly to the hopper. After a hard reset it connected and seemed to STAY CONNECTED. I took the netgear usb adapter from dish and plugged it into the joey, configured the wireless, then still had to do a hard reset of the joey, and then that joey was online as well. Using the moca connection on the joey did not work and i couldn't reset the moca network from the hopper either. So now I have one more joey that needs a wireless adapter to get OnDemand....

So connecting via ethernet to a bridge to my router works with the hopper but ethernet directly to router with the hopper does not. MoCa connection doesn't work at all for joeys but using wireless usb does work.

And I know what I'm doing...i'm an A+ certified, N+ certified, software developer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmallen1 View Post
    So now I have one more joey that needs a wireless adapter to get OnDemand....
    ondemand streams from the Hopper as that's where the hard drive is. The only reason to network connect a joey is for DLNA and even then you can just enable bridging on the hopper.

If all you want is ondemand, you only needed to connect the one hopper.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 07mod did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 07mod did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 07mod did! Be COOL like 07mod and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar issue and had to change from a D-Link router to a netgear n600 and the problem was solved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc View Post
    ondemand streams from the Hopper as that's where the hard drive is. The only reason to network connect a joey is for DLNA and even then you can just enable bridging on the hopper.

If all you want is ondemand, you only needed to connect the one hopper.
    I would have thought the tech would have enabled bridging on the hopper so that I could get onDemand on the Joeys via MoCa. I'm going to double check this setting when I get home and see if this is actually the case. If so, i should be able to remove the wireless adapter from the joey.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast