Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopper S207 Software Release Notes

Scott Greczkowski is offline HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

Hopper S207 Software Release Notes

Thanks to DISH I have just received the software release notes for S207 which started rolling out today to the Hopper!

Here you go!

1. Fixed some bugs with apps - so we should not be seeing apps crash
    2. Fixed choppy audio on Joey (audio channels) that play fine on Hopper
    3. Fixed - Selecting 'Live TV' for currently recording event takes user to
    beginning of event
    4. Multiple Home Media fixes -
    - Home Media Popup when not connected -≥Home Media Requires Hopper
    Internet Connector or direct internet connection≤
    - Home Media is only working with Hopper Internet Connector
    (MoCA adaptor)
    - Home Media not detecting all supported devices on the network

5.fixed - Joey showing not connected even when it is connected through the
    Hopper
    6. Fixed External Hard Drive issue that was preventing some playbacks

Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what the release notes for the Joey s259 are? My Joey has none of what you mentioned fixed. Still showing no broadband connection even thought it's connected through the Hopper and apps still do not work correctly on the Joey.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stimpson did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stimpson did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stimpson did! Be COOL like stimpson and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: stimpy111
    #4 confuses me. So Home Media needs a HIC to work or not?
    2 HWS, 2 Joeys, Sammy 3D LED UN55D8000, Sammy LCD LN32B460, Sammy Plasma PN42C450, Onkyo TX-NR609, Polk Audio RM 95 Surround Speakers, Polk Audio DSW Pro 400 Sub, PS4, PS3 Fat 80 Gig, 2 PS3 120 Gig Slims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpson View Post
    #4 confuses me. So Home Media needs a HIC to work or not?
    if you're trying to do the preferred hardwired internet connection, then you'll need to connect an ethernet cable at every Hopper/Joey location where you want to use home media. (Ondemand requires just the hopper(s) to be connected)

Since most people don't have ethernet access at every location, then just about everyone should go with a HIC during the install (and leave wifi as a last resort). The HIC connects all Hopper/Joey locations at just one client line location, so it's pretty much the safest thing to do at this point.
    Last edited by sparc; 04-04-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stimpson did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stimpson did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stimpson did! Be COOL like stimpson and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: stimpy111
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc View Post
    if you're trying to do the preferred hardwired internet connection, then you'll need to connect an ethernet cable at every Hopper/Joey location where you want to use home media.

Since most people don't have ethernet access at every location, then just about everyone should go with a HIC during the install (and leave wifi as a last resort). The HIC connects all Hopper/Joey locations at just one client line location, so it's pretty much the safest thing to do at this point.
    I see. Thanks,
    2 HWS, 2 Joeys, Sammy 3D LED UN55D8000, Sammy LCD LN32B460, Sammy Plasma PN42C450, Onkyo TX-NR609, Polk Audio RM 95 Surround Speakers, Polk Audio DSW Pro 400 Sub, PS4, PS3 Fat 80 Gig, 2 PS3 120 Gig Slims.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 1 Hopper 1 Joey setup. Hopper direct connect to ethernet. Home Media NEVER worked for me until today (after S207).

With S207:
    Hopper does find all my Home Media Sources.
    Joey does display message: "Home Media Requires Hopper Internet Connector or direct internet connection", however, while connecting Joey to ethernet (and resetting network) bypasses the message, the Joey cant find anything. Perhaps "- Home Media is only working with Hopper Internet Connector (MoCA adaptor)" only applies to Joey?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast