Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey Works Without Coax Cable?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! John Kotches did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, John Kotches did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, John Kotches did! Be COOL like John Kotches and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacmorseMI View Post
    That's because the Ethernet port isn't gigabit.
    Never hurts to verify.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    Curmudgeon in Training / Surround Music Enthusiast
    Dish Subscriber since 1999
    Opinions are my own, not that of any publication I write for.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rglore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rglore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rglore did! Be COOL like rglore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Question is...will the joey power up and operate without a coax?
    Yes, after reboots and power downs, mine still works with no coax.

digiblur is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rglore View Post
    Yes, after reboots and power downs, mine still works with no coax.
    Interesting!!! So who's going to force it to a 10 megabit connection and see if it still works?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kotches View Post
    ....With respect to the 16 port non-blocking switch, there are going to be a terribly small number of homes that have more than an 8-port switch. Heck, I don't have more than that (yet). I'll probably swap out at the homerun for a 16-port soon, just so that all rooms can be connected and never have to worry about moving around cables if I need to. I've had to do that once in the 6 years I've been in this house.
    What? We don't all have a 24 port like me? Heck, if I ran the last few drops I have in mind, if it weren't for the wireless and using the Airport Extreme as another wired switch, it wouldn't be enough. Well, more judicious use of my patch panel would probably get me thru. But I'm lazy. I'd rather throw hardware at it and rarely move a cable.

I did, however, forgo a wired drop to the refrigerator etc when we redid the kitchen. Decided if that ever became a useful idea, it'd be wireless anyway.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tyralak did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tyralak did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tyralak did! Be COOL like Tyralak and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Interesting!!! So who's going to force it to a 10 megabit connection and see if it still works?
    I just forced it through a pair of slinglinks which were only pushing 2 MBps, then I tried a USB wireless adapter. Both worked flawlessly on my Joeys.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that the thoughts acquire speed the hands acquire shakes, the shakes serve as a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Don't be a freeloader! Get a Pub Membership today!

digiblur is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyralak View Post
    I just forced it through a pair of slinglinks which were only pushing 2 MBps, then I tried a USB wireless adapter. Both worked flawlessly on my Joeys.
    2 megabits? Dish has higher bitrates than that.

I could easily see someone shooting their joey across their 10 acres to the barn with a pair of ubiquiti radios...or even farther. That would be a cool setup.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast