Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1303 Errors for Joeys - Fixed by Replacing the NODE

Post Thanks / Like

1303 Errors for Joeys - Fixed by Replacing the NODE

Dish has a video on YouTube for fixing this error during installation (
    Joey Initial Installation Pop-up 1303 - YouTube

), but it also is task intensive and takes a lot of time in the field. This video describes the normal 1303 (linking errors) you receive during INSTALLATION. However, if it happens after installation, have the technician check the NODE. Mine deduced that since the Hopper was working fine and all the other Joeys were giving 1303 errors, the node might be the problem. It was! Took him a couple of minutes to replace the NODE.

Spread the word to your techs when they visit.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    tech who stopped by yesterday to replace my hopper said they were getting the same problem with joeys showing 1303 after the install.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me I get it frequently and I'm able to fix it by doing a red button reset from the hopper. I can understand once in a while but now it's getting to be a lot. My spouse is saying we just got it and problem already. Any permanent fix? Talk to dish and next step is to send a tech. I'm holding of until I have a day off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie1998
    For me I get it frequently and I'm able to fix it by doing a red button reset from the hopper. I can understand once in a while but now it's getting to be a lot. My spouse is saying we just got it and problem already. Any permanent fix? Talk to dish and next step is to send a tech. I'm holding of until I have a day off.
    How many hoppers do you have? Is your entire system on RG6? Push the light blue button in the line of 4 colored buttons, go to home network I believe, how does the MOCA signal look? Did the technician use more than 2 connections between the hopper and Joey excluding the node? [Ie, daisy chained splitters ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sperry85 View Post
    How many hoppers do you have? Is your entire system on RG6? Push the light blue button in the line of 4 colored buttons, go to home network I believe, how does the MOCA signal look? Did the technician use more than 2 connections between the hopper and Joey excluding the node? [Ie, daisy chained splitters ]
    I have 1 hopper and 1 joey. all cable are rg6.Moca signal has 4 bars which is full signal right? There is 1 line coming in from dish connected to 1 splitter where from there 1 line to hopper and 1 line to joey. thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie1998 View Post
    I have 1 hopper and 1 joey. all cable are rg6.Moca signal has 4 bars which is full signal right? There is 1 line coming in from dish connected to 1 splitter where from there 1 line to hopper and 1 line to joey. thanks for any help
    sounds like that should be a tap rather than a splitter since you're indicating one coax from the node. Did you check the label?

Hopper on the host side and Joey on the client side of the tap. I would also check the node as well to see if it's connected properly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast