Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey won't connect to the network.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Your wired network has a password? The neighborhood can't exactly steal your connection through an Ethernet cable."

I have both wired and wireless. I run a set of Apple Airports. I prefer wired but wireless is a option I often use. Hence the Joey issue....get it?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jahost
    One of my Hoppers is a hard wire connect to the home network. The attached Joey will not connect. I have tried all the available resets and reconnects with no luck. Any ideas?
    Your Joey won't connect to what exactly?

With the hopper hard wired, it does not send that connection to the Joey's. A hopper internet connector would connect all hoppers and Joey's to the network.

The only thing you lose by your Joey being hooked up to the network [its own IP] is DLNA support. All other content, BB@Home, DishOnDemand, and DVR content is accessed through the hopper itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sperry85 View Post
    Your Joey won't connect to what exactly?

With the hopper hard wired, it does not send that connection to the Joey's. A hopper internet connector would connect all hoppers and Joey's to the network.

The only thing you lose by your Joey being hooked up to the network [its own IP] is DLNA support. All other content, BB@Home, DishOnDemand, and DVR content is accessed through the hopper itself.
    Yes, it does.
    Proud Net Radio-ee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacmorseMI

Yes, it does.
    Be a little more specific.

No a hopper will not connect your Joey to your network with the Joey receiving its own IP address on your network. I have not tried this myself, but it has been talked about in length that the Joey must have its own connection to the network for dlna.

And a Hopper Internet Connector is the only way to connect all receivers to the network without hard wiring Ethernet to each one, or using a wireless adaptor/bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sperry85 View Post
    Be a little more specific.

No a hopper will not connect your Joey to your network with the Joey receiving its own IP address on your network. I have not tried this myself, but it has been talked about in length that the Joey must have its own connection to the network for dlna.

And a Hopper Internet Connector is the only way to connect all receivers to the network without hard wiring Ethernet to each one, or using a wireless adaptor/bridge.
    Yes for DLNA it must have it's own connection, unless that was resolved in S208/S260. But for all other uses a hardwired Hopper is best.
    Proud Net Radio-ee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacmorseMI View Post
    Yes for DLNA it must have it's own connection, unless that was resolved in S208/S260. But for all other uses a hardwired Hopper is best.
    The HIC is just fine for hardwiring purposes. Plus it's less troubleshooting for DLNA purposes. One connection point.

At this point, just about anyone doing hardwiring should just get it in the original install for free. At minimum as a backup in the event your network changes later on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast