Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopper Remote Programming Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Hopper Remote Programming Issues

I have had a 722 and 922 and the remotes for them both program and work this tv just fine. I had to do the manual scan to find the code but with the Hopper Joey setup I cannot get this remote to work. SEIKI is not an option in the menu so I had to do that learn feature on the remote but I cannot get the power button to work. It appears that when you press power it just sends a pulse so the dish remote won't learn it. I really only need 4 buttons to work but can only get 2 to work. Volume up and Volume down works like a champ but input and power won't work.

Any ideas on how to get this to work or a 4 digit code for the seiki TV. I find it hard to believe that while the other remotes had a code for this but the latest remote doesn't have the code.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    The 922 32.0 remote uses the same codes as the Hopper 40.0 remote. If you still have it, pair your old 922 remote with the Hopper, and Remote Manager will show you the code, which should be TV 0178.

But first, make sure you've disabled limited mode in Remote Manager. That can prevent other functions from working.

Even if the power command is a short pulse, the 40.0 should have no trouble learning it. It's the NEC1 protocol which is very common and easy to learn. So if power still doesn't work with the above code (it should), you should give learning another try.

Last resort, if you've ever had cable, a radio shack or one-for-all remote, you can use it to teach power using the same TV 0178 or 10178 code.
    Last edited by mdavej; 04-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurto2021
    I have had a 722 and 922 and the remotes for them both program and work this tv just fine. I had to do the manual scan to find the code but with the Hopper Joey setup I cannot get this remote to work. SEIKI is not an option in the menu so I had to do that learn feature on the remote but I cannot get the power button to work. It appears that when you press power it just sends a pulse so the dish remote won't learn it. I really only need 4 buttons to work but can only get 2 to work. Volume up and Volume down works like a champ but input and power won't work.

Any ideas on how to get this to work or a 4 digit code for the seiki TV. I find it hard to believe that while the other remotes had a code for this but the latest remote doesn't have the code.
    Are you trying to learn from your previous dish remote or the actual TV remote. In my experience if the dish remote is lighting up like a pulse, the batteries are critically low. Try using some new batteries. But yes, odd that Seiki isn't listed in the hopper.

Probably a dumb question, but on the find your TV screen, you are searching alphabetically and not leaving it on the top setting of most common brands?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brodieb. Site above confirms code is 0178 as posted earlier.

FYI, when searching for codes elsewhere, Hopper remotes use the same codes as DirecTV and cable (right 4 digits), not old Dish codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went through almost all those codes with no luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast