Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Directv HD DVR and Netflix - Is it possible?

Post Thanks / Like

Directv HD DVR and Netflix - Is it possible?

Set up a new HD DVR receiver and a wireless bridge which allows me to connect to internet (that works fine) (YOUTUBE available on DTV menu). Is there any possible way to connect to NETFLIX to stream movies via the receiver? I subscribe to Netflix and would love to be able to watch movies on my 48" plasma instead of my laptop monitor.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    DirecTV and Netflix have no "APP" yet. You will either need a SMART TV or a multimedia streaming / DLNA setup on your home network with gear like Roku, PS3, XBOX and TVersity, PLEX or some other known working setups.
    DirecTV HR22, H21, H23, HR20, Sanyo PLV-Z 119", Acer H5360 106", Samsung PN51D450 51", Insignia NS-51P680A12 51", Onkyo TX-NR708, Onkyo HT-R550, Yamaha RX-Z, Sony BDP-S570, Sony PS3 (x2), D-Link Gigabit Network, ViaTalk Unlimited Everything VoIP ($13/mo)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what i was afraid of.......I was misled at Best Buy when they sold me the bridge. I was told it would let me "connect to the internet" and I could then access my Netflix account and stream movies to my tv. I have not been able to find/figure out how to do it and since I was on here about my other issue (2nd dish) I took the opportunity to see if any of you had an answer. You have been more than helpful and I am thankful for your time.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you have a SMART TV w/ Netflix, maybe that is what they were telling you? Anyway, I do exactly what you just described, Netflix, as well as photos, MP3s and video files from my PC, just not directly via the DirecTV receiver, via a DLNA setup.
    DirecTV HR22, H21, H23, HR20, Sanyo PLV-Z 119", Acer H5360 106", Samsung PN51D450 51", Insignia NS-51P680A12 51", Onkyo TX-NR708, Onkyo HT-R550, Yamaha RX-Z, Sony BDP-S570, Sony PS3 (x2), D-Link Gigabit Network, ViaTalk Unlimited Everything VoIP ($13/mo)

Rey is offline @ your service
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the samsung blu ray players have a netflix and voodoo app among other things.
    Dish Member 1999-2008,2013 2-Hoppers w/sling, Directv Member 2008-2013, Sirius Member 2003-2012
    If you like this site and want to help by becoming a pub member click here
    If you're already a pub member and want to only make a donation click here
    Official SatelliteGuys Rules

Post Thanks / Like
    yep; my son has one; some of those are DLNA enabled as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast