Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding 121 West (Echostar 9/Galaxy 23)

Post Thanks / Like

Finding 121 West (Echostar 9/Galaxy 23)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find 121 West. I have a 30" dish and Ku LNB. I have two different receivers I have tried to use as meters with no luck.

The first is a Dish Network VIP 211k
    The other is a Topfield TF3200

Will the Topfield even work to help me find it? If so, what are the best settings for Frequency and such?

many, many thanks,
    Andrew

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    first of all,the dish network receiver is not going to work and as far as the topfield,i have never heard of this receiver,as long as it is a fta receiver it should work.Check backoff and on to this sight and someone who has great expericence will chime in.I know because satellite guys got me up and going 3 years ago and i have been hooked ever since

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rv1pop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rv1pop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rv1pop did! Be COOL like rv1pop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    South Central Cascade Mountains and on the road.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The signals on KU are subscription circular. Not knowing where you are, but since you are talking about a dish network receiver, I will presume you have an active subscription. The KU lnb will need to be a dish or circular LNB. There are no FTA signals on KU so the Topfield will not help. The dish is way to small to get the FTA C-band signals.

If you do not have an active subscription, then we are not going to help you steal TV, and if you are in the US, That dish is bigger than you need for Dish Net., and we need to help yoiu find FTA signals for your Topfield receiver - though it is not the best one to use.

Let us know what you are trying to do.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by icu1954 View Post
    first of all,the dish network receiver is not going to work
    yes it will. There are still some business channels on 121 and the 211 will work fine. Only thing with a 211 is the meter is very slow to register
    SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 121W

Those signals are KU linear just like free to air. If you want to use the topfield program in 12016 V 20000 as the transponder and aim the dish. Everything is scrambled on that satellite so I dont know why you want to aim at it?
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like

LNB

Yes, I do have a subscription and I have the appropriate dish receiver but I'm trying to tune in the dish and determine if I have the correct LNB.

It sounds like I may have been trying to find it using the wrong one as I have tried the basic KU LNB that works with my FTA setup

How do I determine the type of LNb? I have a few Around

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rv1pop View Post
    The signals on KU are subscription circular. Not knowing where you are, but since you are talking about a dish network receiver, I will presume you have an active subscription. The KU lnb will need to be a dish or circular LNB. There are no FTA signals on KU so the Topfield will not help. The dish is way to small to get the FTA C-band signals.

If you do not have an active subscription, then we are not going to help you steal TV, and if you are in the US, That dish is bigger than you need for Dish Net., and we need to help yoiu find FTA signals for your Topfield receiver - though it is not the best one to use.

Let us know what you are trying to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Echostar 9/Galaxy 23 at 121W has transponders that transmit linear signals. Try for 12016 V 20000 which has a Dish slate visible that says "Congratulations! You are pointed at the 121 degree orbital location". In past, there have been at least one ITC station (Greek TV) on this Ku sat. Other than the slate, there are no ITC channels now: all are scrambled.
    Last edited by cyberham; 05-03-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Openbox S9 using C2HS2-11-12-13:0481CMT firmware, GEOSATpro microHD, Digiwave 36"x39" dish w/Avenger PLL321S-2 universal LNB, Moteck SG-2100 motor, Glen Martin RT-832 8-ft 4-legged tower, Star Choice 40"x44" fixed dish w/DGL-900D circular LNB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast