Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 203 of 691 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 1,213 to 1,218 of 4143

Thread: DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tampa8 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tampa8 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tampa8 did! Be COOL like Tampa8 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1977 View Post
    Low quality haha...yeah right. Kind of funny it happened as soon as AMC started their message about Dish dropping them.
    I would bet it didn't come about all of a sudden when we first read about that response from Dish. This has to have been going on for quite sometime, that is the dispute about having to carry the other channels to get AMC. I believe it's the other channels and the demand to carry them that dish is talking about, not the AMC channel specifically. As someone in the other forum pointed out, Dish probably offered more money maybe even close to what AMC asked for , if they did not have to carry all the other channels. Dish has been against this before, MSG/Fuse and Voom for example. The difference is because Dish is upset at AMC they have made these comments they should not have. Very likely they have had similar discussions with other groups of channels, we just don't know about it.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! eurosport did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, eurosport did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, eurosport did! Be COOL like eurosport and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Planet X -my new station, coming soon to an interweb near YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dare2be did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dare2be did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dare2be did! Be COOL like dare2be and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1977 View Post
    Low quality haha...yeah right. Kind of funny it happened as soon as AMC started their message about Dish dropping them.
    I know you're not making the claim but Dish...

What does 'low quality' have to do with 'moving' the channel? My understanding was the channel didn't really get moved. Aren't most channels in the 9000's anyway, and get 'mapped down' to the lower numbers? So when you put in 131, it's really directing you to 9609? It's not like there's two copies of every channel on the satellite.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets get back on topic folks

had to clean up a small mess
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! dare2be did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, dare2be did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, dare2be did! Be COOL like dare2be and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now it looks like my "Hey now!" started the whole thing.

Page 203 of 691 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast