Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hopper and Sling Adapter

Ray C@DISH Network is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to sling? Are you able to sling on your network? Did you setup your network connection on the Hopper? How are you connected to your Hopper from the router? Are you getting an IP address? Are you able to download free movies from Blockbuster@Home? Please let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdave View Post
    I have a new Linksys router. My 2 week old sling has yet to work with my Hopper using my phone or laptop to view recorded shows. From what is said here, I'm assuming that I bring up my Cisco setup page and perhaps go to Applications and gaming tab? Can someone advise me or direct me to a page that can help me make whatever changes and additions I need to my router setup?
    Ray C.
    Social Media Team
    Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM (MST)

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a Sling Adapter last week for my new hopper and it has yet work. On my ipad when I go to live tv i get a message saying invalid finder id. On my pc it gives me error 6. The red light on the adapter has never come on. Call Dish, no help at all, was told the red light did not have to come for it to work. If it will not work on my ipad or my pc and no red light on then you would think that I have a bad sling adapter.

Ray C@DISH Network is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for the misinformation. What is the firmware for the Sling Adapter? Have you tried using a different USB port on the receiver? If the red light does not illuminate, the Sling Adapter is probably defective. The firmware on some receivers is updated over the Internet via broadband connection. I am assuming your receiver is connected. Please PM your account number so I can have another Sling Adapter sent out if you have tried all the steps I mentioned. Please let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BRK View Post
    I got a Sling Adapter last week for my new hopper and it has yet work. On my ipad when I go to live tv i get a message saying invalid finder id. On my pc it gives me error 6. The red light on the adapter has never come on. Call Dish, no help at all, was told the red light did not have to come for it to work. If it will not work on my ipad or my pc and no red light on then you would think that I have a bad sling adapter.
    Ray C.
    Social Media Team
    Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM (MST)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much Ray for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray C@DISH Network View Post
    Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to sling? Several times today I received "Your sling adapter encountered some difficulties (Error 46)"
    Are you able to sling on your network? Yes, using my laptop wired or wireless to my router, for the first time ever this morning I can sling or watch a program I recorded and it looked beautiful and smooth.
    Did you setup your network connection on the Hopper? Yes, previous attempts were using the wireless DISH adapter however, I just ran a 50' Ethernet connection to my router.
    How are you connected to your Hopper from the router? Now Ethernet wired
    Are you getting an IP address? Yes
    Are you able to download free movies from Blockbuster@Home? Yes
    My current download speed according to speedtest.net is 3.04Mbps & upload is .33Mbps. However, I have requested to have my speed increased to 6Mbps & .5Mbps which should happen on Wed.
    So, I'm guessing future problems away from home (choppy etc) using my laptop or Android 4.0 phone using the DISH app, will likely be because of my slow connection from the phone or laptop to the internet?
    Thanks, Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Still having the same problem as described by the OP. Ports are open, but do they need UDP and TCP or both? Local access to network like my Plex Media Server are working, but no internet. Sometimes when I connect remotely I get a Spanish language radio station instead of the channel I selected. Seems silly since my VIP722/sling worked fine without all the port forwarding, etc... The main problem is they have no documentation so they just ask a bunch of questions and tell me the problem is with my Cisco 5505, call Cisco. I can program my own firewall, but there is no documentation from Dish. I have over 20 devices on my network, and they all work perfectly, except dish hopper. Going to demand my money back/cancel contract. Took 3 hours off work twice already. Dish: Don't propose I place your devices and my DLNA server outside of my secure network again, that is not going to happen. Not ready for prime-time.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darrengs View Post
    Interesting, most ISPs block ports 80 & 443.
    Yep. My ISP doesn't (AT&T U-verse) but many of the cable co's do. For me, all the Sling issues were fixed (no video signal) with update S212. Didn't do any port forwarding either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast