Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Delete PTAT Recording

Post Thanks / Like

Delete PTAT Recording

The PDF Hooper manual states:

The shows recorded in the PrimeTime Anytime™ folder will expire in eight days. The
    oldest recording for each program then will be deleted automatically, unless you highlight
    the item in your folder, select it and use the Save option for that individual recording. You
    can also select and Delete a recording in the folder without waiting for it to expire.
    It's probably right in front of me but I can't find a delete option (only a save option.) If I can delete things I'm not interested in, it will make it a lot easier to find what I am interested in.

Jim

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like ANOTHER error in the manual.
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Post Thanks / Like
    The manual is not a finished "official" product. That caveat was noted in the "manual" thread by Scott.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MortiseMaker did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MortiseMaker did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MortiseMaker did! Be COOL like MortiseMaker and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to be able to delete PTAT items as well. I find it VERY difficult to determine exactly which items I have seen. The only thing I have come up with so far is that when you cursor over an item, if the message is "press > to resume", instead of "press > to watch", then you probably have seen it. Of course, this doesn't work for those items that you have only partially viewed and need to get back to at some point.

Personally, I would like to be able to "hide" some items "permanently".

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! smokey982 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, smokey982 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, smokey982 did! Be COOL like smokey982 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've found the best option is to save the series of all the PTAT shows I watch. Or create series timers from the guide for new episodes. That way every show I want to watch automatically appears in "my recordings". I don't have to worry about the show disappearing after the 8 day period if I still haven't watched it. And after I do watch it I can delete it from my recordings. By doing this I rarely ever have to look at the PTAT folder and it avoids the clutter.