Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopper S212 Feedback and Issues

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! karspur did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, karspur did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, karspur did! Be COOL like karspur and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Channels drop of my favorites list also. Can't get 20 to stay at all. Others tend to come and go.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agarrett22 View Post
    Was watching a program on my sd tv with a Joey and all of a sudden I got the following error 890

I was on a hbo channel

Found out:
    We had a hd tv attached to the Joey as well as an rf modulator to feed the sds we still have, if I turned on the hd tv or unplug the hdmi cable the message goes away. Kinda stinks

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys
    That has been a problem with the ViP receivers as well since before Hopper/Joey.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! monroef did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, monroef did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, monroef did! Be COOL like monroef and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the premiere tag in the guide data is still hit or miss. Both HBO and Cinemax and usually Starz run premiere movies on Saturday night while HDNET Movies runs one on Wednesday night. With the Hopper, the guide description no longer shows this. The premiere tag is not missing entirely as there are some events that still show the tag. The events that are missing the tag on the Hopper still show the tag in the VIP receivers and with the guide on Dishonline.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3HaloODST View Post
    By the way, the Weather Channel app is nearly useless on Joeys (yes even on S264.) Half of the time it says "Temporarily Unavailable" and the other half it loads up, then a big gray screen pops up saying "Data Unavailable, press OK to exit app" and it forces you out. On the Hoppers about 25% of the time it says "Temporarily Unavailable" as well, but the Hoppers are definitely more reliable than the Joeys with the app.
    Same problem here. I sure miss my 24X7 cable tv "Weather Channel" with local weather info, radar and forcasts. My wife cussed me out for switching. Had I not found an app in our Panasonic TVs, which can be set up for multiple cities worldwide with all the weather info we need, my wife may have forced a switch back.

Oh, and the Blue remote button, while inside the app, still does not send you to the Weather Channel. It sends you back to the last channel you were watching.

C'est la vie

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! 3HaloODST did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, 3HaloODST did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, 3HaloODST did! Be COOL like 3HaloODST and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    One bug that's pretty darn annoying, when you schedule a recording to fire off, when it goes to record, even if you are on the exact same channel, it will take up 2 tuners if you were already tuned in.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3HaloODST
    One bug that's pretty darn annoying, when you schedule a recording to fire off, when it goes to record, even if you are on the exact same channel, it will take up 2 tuners if you were already tuned in.
    That's not a bug, its doing like it should and grabbing a free tuner.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast