Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orbitron Satellite dish takedown

Post Thanks / Like

Orbitron Satellite dish takedown

I am looking at an Orbitron 8-10' dish and was curious as to whether anyone has one of these and can tell me how it comes apart. I am trying to figure out how small the pieces will break down into and what kind of tools I will need. I don't have access to the dish right now. I know my Winegard breaks down into 4 mesh sections and my Sami into 3. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orbitron.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	77690

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! brex2001 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, brex2001 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, brex2001 did! Be COOL like brex2001 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks to be a SE-10, 10ft Orbitron. My friend & member ivanyankoff has one just like it.

Mark the back of the dish near the tube & the polar mount to keep the same declination. Loosen the 2 bolts on the side of polar mount tube & with help rock the dish back & forth while pulling out. Carry to your truck & set it on its back.
    Loosen the polar mount & lift off. They aren't very heavy.

The panels slip out of the ribs after you pull the beading from the outside rim edge if you need to fix some panels. If it were me I'd not disassemble the frame of the dish. Could be too many rusty, busted bolts & the center plate(aluminum) could be corroded to the point of disintegration. That would be a bummer.

I think you'll find the Orbitron pdf file in the manuals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, I am not worried about rust so much because this is pretty much in the desert. How small do you think the panels break down into?

raoul5788 is online now Studebaker driver
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's like my old Unimesh, it comes in four sections.
    BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! brex2001 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, brex2001 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, brex2001 did! Be COOL like brex2001 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Cool, I am not worried about rust so much because this is pretty much in the desert. How small do you think the panels break down into?
    12 panels for that dish & as said above just remove the beading on the rim edge, pull the panels straight out. They are about 32" wide x 72" long.
    If possible I wouldn't break down the dish into parts - those can be a pain to put back in if they get bent or kinked.
    A desert in New Hampshire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast