Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dish VIP 722K recorded shows recovery

Post Thanks / Like

Dish VIP 722K recorded shows recovery

Hi all,

My dish receiver vip 722k has stopped working. It freezes on the first screen that says "Dish Network starting up". The Dish support folks(good people) have decided to send me a new replacement receiver. My question is: Can I recover the shows recorded on the dish receiver to my external hard drive(it is already formated) or do I say bye bye to all the shows. I really need some help on this, my little kids are very dissappointed that their precious shows and movies will be lost. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

maryb@Dish Network is here from DISH Network to help!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWalker View Post
    Hi all,

My dish receiver vip 722k has stopped working. It freezes on the first screen that says "Dish Network starting up". The Dish support folks(good people) have decided to send me a new replacement receiver. My question is: Can I recover the shows recorded on the dish receiver to my external hard drive(it is already formated) or do I say bye bye to all the shows. I really need some help on this, my little kids are very dissappointed that their precious shows and movies will be lost. Thanks
    You will need to get the receiver to power up so you can move the shows to the EHD. Are you able to get to the Menu screens? Did they have you try a check switch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary,

No I am not able to get to any screen other than the very first one - the dish network is starting up screen. The dish support folke had me unplug the receiver from the wall outlet, replug and then do a reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Thats about it. I do not know what a "check switch" is. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not notice on my first response but to Sat Guys! Can you please PM me your account or phone number so I can take a look at your account. Did you try plugging the receiver into a different outlet? Did anything chage from when it was working until it stopped? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary,

I have plugged it from a different outlet, I have taken it off the surge protector, I have tried unplugging the input cables, I have tried reset using the reset button and the power button. No change, it still stays at the first screen with an occasional restarting by itself, TV mode lights turning on and off (just as they do while a regular boot up). The problem slowly started with the screen freezing up while watching a show. The receiver would then restart after a minute or so. That was happening maybe once every couple of days. I did not think much of it until one day it just froze up and never started again ( just boots up to the 1st screen). Mary I am not comfortable giving out my ph number over the net... I hope you understand. I will be receiving the new receiver on Monday. They have overnighted it to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is fine, please do not do anything you are not comfortable with. You seem to have completed all the steps. If the green light on the receiver is blinking, the receiver is in a recovery mode and it may just start up on it own. Let it alone for 4-6 hours and then see if you can turn it on. If you are unable to then I apologize as you will not be able to save the recordings. Have a good night!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast