Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: External hard drive for hopper

Post Thanks / Like

External hard drive for hopper

I am shopping around for a external 2 tb hard drive for my hopper. Other that USB support is there anything else that I need to look for?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! aaronwt6 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, aaronwt6 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, aaronwt6 did! Be COOL like aaronwt6 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only real requirement is that its externally powered. I believe 2tb is supported. I know my 1tb works great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also try to get one without power management (cheaper anyway), I had a WD one that would shut off to save power and would never wake up until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Tried a Seagate one with no issues.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! oldengineer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, oldengineer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, oldengineer did! Be COOL like oldengineer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a WD 1TB My Book A/V. It supposedly was designed for continuous use in fast transfer apps, although it may only be more expensive because it has an eSata interface as well as USB2. I got it when I was with D* and their EHDs need eSata. It doesn't power save.
    2H/2J

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2tb western digital hard drive hooked up to my hopper. Make sure it is powered independently.

I'm not at home but I think I have the element external hard drive.