Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A New OpenBox Firmware

ke4est is online now Long Live FTA
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A New OpenBox Firmware

Ok I have been vigorously testing this new firmware for the OpenBox S9 - S10 - S11 - S12. Yes I know the microHD has been released, I even have one ordered. For those though that will still be using their OpenBox or cannot afford to buy the microHD right now.......
    Anyway I don't have my new toy yet so I continue to experiment with what I have. I have several FTA receivers, but only have one right now that will do S2. That would be my S10, and the S9 my friend has. Also for those of you that are already thinking what? this works on all of these-- yes it does. The S9 has component out in addition to HDMI. The S10, S11, and S12 are the same thing with a different number on the outside case. Only difference is the S11 and S12 come in SCART versions, but still the same under the hood. Now ya know.

Anyway I have tried a lot with this firmware: motor, different channel types, Mpeg2, Mpeg4, S2 signals, Ku, C-band, etc. Like I said all but the PVR functions. I know several of you like the August 2011 firmware, but in the last few days I put that back in again. Went to the Ion mux on 103 locked up in seconds. Cleared went to ABC HD on 99 the PR mux locked up. The one I used for a long time was 07-14-11, not many lock-ups which was what I tried to avoid the most, but lip sync issues, and the blind scan would miss a lot. Crazy but would load 10-11-11 firmware(best blind scan for this model hands down until now), do a blind scan and then save the list and then re-load 7-14-11 to watch. The next section I copied and pasted from what I wrote in the download section.

I had been using the 2-15-12 version. However have been using this one for a few days now since I found it. I have been putting it through every test I could think of. I found this on a European Website. Not a whole lot of notes except that it has not been tested on clones. It has been tested on S9, S10, S11, and S12. This one so far is the best after all these many many months of trying every firmware I could find. No lock ups of any kind that I can find. No lip Sync issues that I can find. Also I have noted during my vigorous testing that this will blind scan better and faster than previous versions. It will even scan in stuff that the 2-15-12 will not and yes I have tested them side-by-side, with everything the same except firmware. Note you need to use accurate scan for these results. I have not tested the PVR functions yet. Just have not got to that yet, I figure if it will fail in my initial tests then no need to go any further. It does not have radio channel edit built in using remote...this does not bother me at all, because I use a channel editor when needed on the computer.

I have modified this file from the Europe version to the US. I cleared out the east satellites and put in a North America List. I also fixed it so it will not come up on PAL: out of the gate this will work without having to go pull your hair out to be able to view it on American TV's.

So let me know what you think.
    So yes somebody else try this put is through tests and let me know. Like I said above I have modified it to work in North America.

Here is the link to the the download section where this is at here at SatelliteGuys: OpenBox S9 - S12 06182012-America - Downloads - SatelliteGuys - America's Satellite & Home Theater Technology Information Source!

Ok I think I have typed enough, lets here the comments.

BTW: I know we all joke, myself included about the s9, s12, s57, s667, etc. That is about the way it is, they just take same guts and put different label on outside of box....anyway this will not work on S16 which btw was the last S-Series, now they have went to the X series..

This version was released on 06-18-2012.
    Last edited by ke4est; 06-29-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I don't want to get into it but just thought it was interesting to note: What about S1, S2, S3 etc....yes they did start with S1, they were Mpeg2 DBS only until S8....if ya just got to know Google is your friend.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Babadem did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Babadem did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Babadem did! Be COOL like Babadem and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will check this out later. Thanks
    AZBox Me, MicroHD, and OpenBox S10 HD PVR Receiver. DG-380 Motor (37.6W to 125.0W), on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0W. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 43.1W to 107.3W.

DishPointer

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/index.php

Magnetic Declination Calculator

SatStar_Old Lyngsat Maps

VLC Player Tutorial

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadem View Post
    I will check this out later. Thanks
    Thanks, I will be away most of tomorrow, but am looking for people to try and let me know what they think. I have tried several firmware that I never brought here, but this one, impresses me.

Post Thanks / Like
    K4est anything new for the Openbox X3 which had its first FW Upgrade in May 5/21?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ke4est,

I downloaded the file you said and installed okay on my s10. So far things look good. The transponders list has changed some what for the good. The grayed out percent at the scan is now bold. I can't set the local time yet. I will have to play with that unless you know the steps to take. The lip sink on the weathnation looks pretty good also. I will play around some more and let you know. I'll leave it on for few days to see if it holds up. I'm waiting for for MicroHD like alot of other people and will play with this s10 knowing I have the best enroute.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast